STIHL HT 131 verus HT 133 Pole Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I bought my 131 a few years ago, there was all kinds of rumors on the 4 mix engine and it's flaws. Not had any trouble with mine. easy starting and will go a long way on a tank of fuel. It sounds funny compared to a 2 stroke saw. it has plenty of torque and I men plenty. it came with a 12 inch bar but I run a 14 on it. I have run mine fully extended most of the times and a two hour run with it fully extended will wear you out. I even use it to cut smaller springpoles so I don't have to be close. have cut limbs up to 16 inches with it before. Always make a cut underneath the limb before you top cut it so it won't pinch the bar and stick.

I promptly put a 16" bar on my ht250. Now it takes the same bar and chain as my 200t's. Oh yea, it pulls it too, though I do like the low end torque of the 131. With the 250 you must get the engine up to speed before touching the log or it won't go, but then it is an animal. With the 131 you can rest the bar on the limb and THEN pull the trigger.

Was surprised to see in the manual that the bar/chain oil tank on these pole saws only hold enough for 1/2 a tank of fuel. Not a big deal, if you are aware of it, but different than what I have come to expect with regular chainsaws, where the oil tank is sized to match the expected fuel use.

Philbert

Latest posts

Back