Stihl Kombi attachment pricing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmcman

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I need to ask this, what's up with the prices of these attachments?

I love Stihl and what they offer, but I was looking to add a HL-KM 145 deg 24" hedge trimmer attachment when I saw that it is $299!

This is the same price as the gas powered HS-45 hedge trimmer.

Three hundred bucks for an attachment?

Sorry, I know this is likely old news but I just feel I need to vent on this.

I have pretty much the whole Kombi system, though bought it when the dollar was much stronger than it is now. It seems STIHL prices haven't changed, it's that the U.S. printing money like crazy devalues it and an equivalent rise in pay raises the tax bracket is in, and we're of course paying the wages of the dealership staff including taxes.

I just bought a bunch of parts from the dealership (and it seems a saw followed me home--they do that...), the prices were "reasonable." Oil seemed expensive, but oil is expensive everywhere, as are groceries and pretty much everything else of any value. My parents said the same thing about things being expensive, but I grew up with things costing "that much," and by comparison stuff is now "expensive." I guess it's a sign of being old. :)

The STIHL Kombi stuff has been used pretty hard and all works well, though I think the spark arrest screen is clogging up.

Attachments were $250-300 when I was acquiring mine roughly 10 years ago. Now I am looking at a new HT KM to replace the cheapo one I bought at the rime that now has a cracked case. I'm surprised to see it's still about $200.

Buy once, cry once. I have used other multi attachment systems in the past. Out of frustration, I broke down and spent the money on the 131r with several attachments. Never had any problems with them. All my equipment has been Stihl for many years now due to the higher quality and availability.

Brad Krause is correct. Most of the inflammatory pricing is the government's doing,
although the world is getting ridiculously greedy on products and services.

I need to ask this, what's up with the prices of these attachments?

I love Stihl and what they offer, but I was looking to add a HL-KM 145 deg 24" hedge trimmer attachment when I saw that it is $299!

This is the same price as the gas powered HS-45 hedge trimmer.

Three hundred bucks for an attachment?

Sorry, I know this is likely old news but I just feel I need to vent on this.
The regular straight trimmer attachment should be 175.00 The adjustable one is heavier and get snagged on branches anyway.

Back