Stihl MS 180c no high rpm's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fastback4

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I used it in May and now it has no high rpm's but idles fine. The chain lock is not engaged. If I throttle it up slowly it tries to get high rpm's but flutters out back to idle. I put on new filter and fuel lines I had for it and checked the needle and seat assembly and screen in the carb and brake cleaned everything well. New fuel, new plug, same results...no high rpm's...advise here please....Tom

I used it in May and now it has no high rpm's but idles fine. The chain lock is not engaged. If I throttle it up slowly it tries to get high rpm's but flutters out back to idle. I put on new filter and fuel lines I had for it and checked the needle and seat assembly and screen in the carb and brake cleaned everything well. New fuel, new plug, same results...no high rpm's...advise here please....Tom

Not familiar with with this saw but maybe ur Lo and hi needles need adjusting. I'd start there first.

I have a similar issue with a 017, intake boot clamp was a cheap plastic one. used one off a 024av and no issues since. the 180c has a non adjustable carb yeah? Worth a check

I had this happen last year on my 180 , idled fine reved up cold but once it got warm it would fall on its face. I fixed it by putting a new carb on it . they are pricey but I wasn't going to take it apart.

Sounds like the carb is plugged up. Take it apart and carb cleaner the hell out of it.

just give 27 bux for one a couple weeks ago...the kits are $12 fwiw

Latest posts

Back