Stihl ms 200 rearhandle max Rpm ??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SWE#Kipp

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
A friend stopped by today with his ms200 and wanted tune it for him checked the rpm with a edt 7 tach the saw was at about 15700 rpm screaming ,,, what the max rpm for these saws and what special tool do i need to get full adjustment on the H-jet ??

did try search and got 14000rpm for the 200T just want to be sure that it is the same for the rear handle model of it !!

thanks for any help ,,,

//Kristoffer

A friend stopped by today with his ms200 and wanted tune it for him checked the rpm with a edt 7 tach the saw was at about 15700 rpm screaming ,,, what the max rpm for these saws and what special tool do i need to get full adjustment on the H-jet ??

did try search and got 14000rpm for the 200T just want to be sure that it is the same for the rear handle model of it !!

thanks for any help ,,,

//Kristoffer

It is the same, and even with Stihls +/- 1000 taken to the extreme, 15700 sounds way too high.

My 361 likes a bit more than the speched 14000 rpm, but not that much more, more like 14300....

Do one of you know how to get full adjusment on the H-jet ??
do i need some special tool or something else that work just as good ??
the Husky's i now my way around but the stihl's ,,,,,

I have bent tip screwdriver and go in through the side - pop the grommet out. You can also grab it with needle nose and just pull it out.

But.. as Trigger says, filter plate off - easier first time.

I have bent tip screwdriver and go in through the side - pop the grommet out. You can also grab it with needle nose and just pull it out.

But.. as Trigger says, filter plate off - easier first time.

Hey, I have done a grand total of 3! :monkey:

I used a Dremmel with a bur to take tab off.

lol I just snip it off (the plastic tab) with a tip cutter... Don't even pop the limiter usually. Uh oh.. Stihl police are knocking at my door. rats...

Latest posts

Back