Stihl MS 361 owner AS group

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got one today too.:cheers: It was on sale. Count me in.
MS351.jpg

Last edited:
Can I join too?

Just got my new MS361. Complements my 038 Super nicely....I call them "The old man and his young son"! lol!

Newb on the site. Long time lurker...but i bought a 361 this past winter. Im in!

Wow, this is an old thread. Yeah, I got one too. I did the Lakeside mod and now it really performs well. I wasn't too enthused stock as it just sounded sick, in a bad way. I will say this though, pick up a muf modded 440 and it's just no contest.

Wow, this is an old thread. Yeah, I got one too. I did the Lakeside mod and now it really performs well. I wasn't too enthused stock as it just sounded sick, in a bad way. I will say this though, pick up a muf modded 440 and it's just no contest.

Mine performed "enthusiastically" even stock, but that is an Euro version, not a choked down US one.

The "Andy" muffler still caused some gain, but less than I usually see reported on here, as expected.

Last edited:
Just got a new Stihl MS 361 last night! Love it!

If you own a Stihl MS361, and you want to join the new AS social group for MS 361 owners, post a note here and I will invite you to the group.

I just bought a Stihl MS 361 :greenchainsaw: at my local dealer and it's the nicest saw I've ever operated! Smooth as silk! I'm interested in joining this group to learn more about how others are using theirs'. I've got a 36-40"dia tree to fell next week that was hit by lightning last year. Thanks! Greg22

The group is still around, but there haven't been much activity lately.

Windthrown is hard to reach at this site by now.........:taped:

Yeah, where did he disappear to? Maybe hanging with Lakeside, only running huskies now?

Anyway, i'm still in the group. Got my 361 pinched in a big alder yesterday and had to cut it loose with the 660. Finally used my head for a change and took the bar off the saw before dropping the tree. No damage done.

Back