Stihl ms 362

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stihl Ohioan

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I bought a used stihl ms 362c last year it needed rebuilt. The clutch side crankcase was damaged so I found a used one one ebay . The original half had the cable for the rear handle clutch brake . I saved the clutch brake parts from that one to put on the half I got from ebay it dose not have the cable for the rear handle brake . All the parts for the clutch brake don't seem to fit the case half I have now and the clutch drum seems too big it rubs on the case . Are the brake parts and clutch drum different on the rear handle brake model from the standard model ? I would look at the IPL if I could fine one any one have one ?

I don't know any details, but you surely are better off without that extra brake brake handle.

Those rear handle brake handles even are a liability, if you get used to them, and they suddenly don't work (it does happen).

I bought a used stihl ms 362c last year it needed rebuilt. The clutch side crankcase was damaged so I found a used one one ebay . The original half had the cable for the rear handle clutch brake . I saved the clutch brake parts from that one to put on the half I got from ebay it dose not have the cable for the rear handle brake . All the parts for the clutch brake don't seem to fit the case half I have now and the clutch drum seems too big it rubs on the case . Are the brake parts and clutch drum different on the rear handle brake model from the standard model ? I would look at the IPL if I could fine one any one have one ?
Check your Inbox for some 362 docs. Hope they help.

Back