Stihl MS-390, new / unused

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends what type of saw you're used to running. If your last saw was an ms 170 it's going to be a hell of a saw. If you ran a pro saw, it's a heavy plastic saw for its size.

It's all a matter of perception.

It's no echo cs590 if that's what you're asking.

Dano had an MS362C-M in his sig for about a month but nobody seemed to notice. so he is supposed to know what an awesome saw is but then there's the doubts many here have that he doesn't even own a saw but enjoys being a part of the forum which is cool if that's what he wants. i believe the only pictures i ever saw him post were of his electric remington saw. maybe the 390 will be his first gas saw? i believe he had an MS290 in his sig when i first joined so he should know how a 390 feels at least. heck i even remember him having a 441 even. he stresses how he doesn't buy anybody's problems so only buys new but then bought that stolen 261C-M off craigslist with no pictures at all to show. as far as i know the 261 (if real) has been started 2 times, ........ in his garage :laugh: just razzing ya dano. talk about a blast from the past :) did you run that 261's serial number yet? :D

Dano had an MS362C-M in his sig for about a month but nobody seemed to notice. so he is supposed to know what an awesome saw is but then there's the doubts many here have that he doesn't even own a saw but enjoys being a part of the forum which is cool if that's what he wants. i believe the only pictures i ever saw him post were of his electric remington saw. maybe the 390 will be his first gas saw? i believe he had an MS290 in his sig when i first joined so he should know how a 390 feels at least. heck i even remember him having a 441 even. he stresses how he doesn't buy anybody's problems so only buys new but then bought that stolen 261C-M off craigslist with no pictures at all to show. as far as i know the 261 (if real) has been started 2 times, ........ in his garage :laugh: just razzing ya dano. talk about a blast from the past :) did you run that 261's serial number yet? :D

What'd you do, sober up and decide to give me a hard time.

I liked you better when you were drinking.............:drinking:

I wasn't all that familiar with the MS-390. Just wanted some feedback. I am impressed that you keep track of what I say and do. I kinda feel like a movie star. :yes:

What'd you do, sober up and decide to give me a hard time.

I liked you better when you were drinking.............:drinking:

I wasn't all that familiar with the MS-390. Just wanted some feedback. I am impressed that you keep track of what I say and do. I kinda feel like a movie star. :yes:

LOL i haven't drank in like 4 days. this is just plain old ******* me :) i just remember the 261 debate is all. do you think that thread is still findable after the crash? how did you like the 362c-m? was it that ****** that you had to get rid of it so soon? i read somewhere it was the most awesome do all saw. it apparently cuts, splits, and stacks wood for their owners kinda like the overrated 346.

LOL i haven't drank in like 4 days. this is just plain old ******* me :) i just remember the 261 debate is all. do you think that thread is still findable after the crash? how did you like the 362c-m? was it that ****** that you had to get rid of it so soon? i read somewhere it was the most awesome do all saw. it apparently cuts, splits, and stacks wood for their owners.

My problem is I buy and sell whenever the chance pops up. I love to sell and make a few bucks here and there.

I'm still looking for the PERFECT chainsaw. So far, I'm not convinced it evens exists. :(

As you can see, I still have the MS-261 C-M. Best damn brand-new, not stolen saw, I ever bought off CL. :dancing:

My problem is I buy and sell whenever the chance pops up. I love to sell and make a few bucks here and there.

I'm still looking for the PERFECT chainsaw. So far, I'm not convinced it evens exists. :(

As you can see, I still have the MS-261 C-M. Best damn brand-new, not stolen saw, I ever bought off CL. :dancing:

were gonna need to run that serial number :D LOL i forget who the ring leader in that thread was. i'm remembering guido salvage but i may be wrong.

With new Stihl carry / storage case, 16" b/c, and 2 extra new chains.

Decent saw and value?
It really depends on how much it's going for, and what you intend to use it for.
I scored a deal on a 391 and have to say that it kind of surprised me. It can't keep up with my 066, but for a mid-range saw I kind of like it.

were gonna need to run that serial number :D LOL i forget who the ring leader in that thread was. i'm remembering guido salvage but i may be wrong.

That's one saw I'll never sell or trade.

I'm gonna keep it until the day I die.......and to remind some on this forum, just how frigging wrong they all were. :happybanana::buttkick:

BTW.....Guido is always being accused of wearing his wife's underwear. A member of this forum told me that. :laughing:

It really depends on how much it's going for, and what you intend to use it for.
I scored a deal on a 391 and have to say that it kind of surprised me. It can't keep up with my 066, but for a mid-range saw I kind of like it.

If I can get it cheap enough, I'm going for it. I made an offer, just waiting for a reply. :pingpong:

The MS390 is the largest saw in of the three in the 1127 series. Well, the 029 was the smallest at 54cc then the 029 Super and MS290 come in at 56cc, the MS310 at 59cc and the 039/MS390 at 64cc.
All the saws weigh about the same so the 390 has the best power to weight ratio of them all. They're reliable, well built and lots of oem and aftermarket parts are available.

The MS390 is the largest saw in of the three in the 1127 series. Well, the 029 was the smallest at 54cc then the 029 Super and MS290 come in at 56cc, the MS310 at 59cc and the 039/MS390 at 64cc.
All the saws weigh about the same so the 390 has the best power to weight ratio of them all. They're reliable, well built and lots of oem and aftermarket parts are available.

Now see......this is the kind of post I was waiting for.

I do thank-you very much. It's been a pleasure. :bowdown:

going by what the hacks selling used ones here think they are apparently worth more then they cost new from the dealer :dizzy: oh and dano. there is a perfect saw in this world. just google husqvarna :D

going by what the hacks selling used ones here think they are apparently worth more then they cost new from the dealer :dizzy: oh and dano. there is a perfect saw in this world. just google husqvarna :D

How do you expect me to Google it when I have trouble spelling it? :crazy2:

I'm leery of using a saw that I have trouble spelling the name of. :nofunny:

you win the award of having the most retarded reason not to try the greatest product of all time. husqvarna FTW :numberone: what made you choose stihl dano? for most it's either what their daddy taught them or they are german. i know for a fact it is because of one of those things. :D

Latest posts

Back