Stihl ms 460 mag fueltank ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chiknhawk

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Back when I was the lead tech at a very big stihl shindawa dealer ..aftermarket parts were far few between . but the ones we could get were cheaper as well as quality. but factory parts were not outrageous..most time factory r&r ...
I need a ms 460 magnum tank.. I dropped my unicorn last night busted the tank on work bench... wanting to sell her and can not deside if I pay close to 200$ for a tank.. it says stihl on side ..which let me remind you when you bought a factory ms460mag it did not say stihl on tank in raised letters.. no sir that's just a market managment parts strad. Or do I pay close to what a factory one used to cost and slap a after market on a stihl saw without stihl raised on side of tank so someone can ***** after buying that its aftermarket but cuts the same feels looks and performance the same ??????? Please give me a discussion about this

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

The aftermarket tank/handles have been very good to me. I have a couple on my own personal saws and have sold many many saws with aftermarket handles. I always swap the ignition/choke lever for OEM but that aside the tanks are generally good. It’s one of the few aftermarket parts that I use without worry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you disclose that it has a China tank, how can they complain? Whether you sell it with a broken tank, a new OEM, or cheap one from China, your mistake cost you some $$. I'm guessing each option is probably close to the same in the end.

The aftermarket tank/handles have been very good to me. I have a couple on my own personal saws and have sold many many saws with aftermarket handles. I always swap the ignition/choke lever for OEM but that aside the tanks are generally good. It’s one of the few aftermarket parts that I use without worry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank u for the define in my decision making.. I'll order a aftermarket right now I never had any problems.. which on stihl u can't tell unless your using a microscope looking for markings ...it's sad that many I mean many people have magnified glass looking at a chainsaw lol....everyone is so scared to have someone make money on them ...W.T.#. EXCUSE MY FRENCH ..isnt buisness what the world revolves around you want a product you buy with caution why not buy and enjoy it not pick it apart for a fellow buisness man trying to make a buck and feed himself and family I mean it's what we all do for christ sakes ....I have done internal parts test between aftermarket and stock mostly pistons cyl rods and bearings some hutzl builds with complete A.M that still stand toe to toe to there brand name brother hell I have a 372 hutz and a couple husqvarna 372 been In the husqvarna twice in the same life span only in the hutz once to change a fuel line lmao and for a third the cost the price on stihl dont even get me started sorry for the one long sentence I'll fix it before I post

If you disclose that it has a China tank, how can they complain? Whether you sell it with a broken tank, a new OEM, or cheap one from China, your mistake cost you some $$. I'm guessing each option is probably close to the same in the end.
Yep so true I'll disclose it and it was a expensive slip . The old handle been faded and typical scratches here and there my saws get treated with care I like to say... this stihl I bought back.. from a guy who ran it for maybe two tanks of fuel and came back to shop that 460 scared the Dickins out him ..I tried to tell him it was not a toy none are a toy they demand respect and caution ...he ended up taking a smaller husqvarna If my memory serves me correct and I set him up with chaps hard hat ear eye protection gloves exc..when he came back after I sold him this 460 he walked in with shorts on and wood chips on legs and socks carrying a 460 with a 28 in bar full house .. sorry for rambling dont get to talk much at home been married my whole life lol

Latest posts

Back