Stihl MS 461

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toolmaker

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Iheard Stihl is coming out with a new MS 461
Any news on this one yet?

I'm aware of the 441, and the 361
My dealer was at a training school @ Virginia Beach and said the 461 is coming out in a couple of months
Was just wondering if anyone had a heads-up on it.

The 361 is old news, and the 441 will be coming quite soon (spring 2006) as far as I now.
I sure hope that your dealer is right, and hopefully it is a 441 with a larger bore/more power for the weight, and not an even heavier saw.

But, I think the word would have been out a bit earlier if it were true ......

I have been wrong before, though.

Last edited:
My guess is that the transition from 044 to 041 will be to a heavier saw with slightly less power.
Think about it, the extra parts and ports to strato charge it, along with less fuel in the cylinder, means more weight and less power.
Also I would expect some exaggeration of the specifications to soften the transition.
A classic example is the Husky 575.

Probably, 0xx marked Sthils will newer more come out, only MSxxx ones;)
Seem by the pics that long soft rubber boot between carb and cylinder is gone again:confused:

Mike, Strato engines use less fuel but do not by design make less power. The strato charge is to clear the chamber a job that was previously performed by wasting 25% of the fuel introduced to the engine. Run a RedMax EBZ8000 and you'll like strato charged engines.

Latest posts

Back