• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Stihl MS 650 For Sale

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missinhippie

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Rare highly sought after MS 650. My best friends grandfather started Allbritton Chain Saw in Hattiesburg, and his father worked there his whole life before selling it to an employee and retiring. The saw has been professional bored and tuned only by Griff Allbritton only himself. Not even an employee got to touch this saw. Will be cleaned up for buyer before purchased. Just been used and haven’t had time clean her up. Runs and cuts like a beast! $1,00066FFE0F8-E06F-4FB7-B4AE-A333B0FB7E35.jpegDD1E9237-C8A2-4E35-8030-C938EB6F6AF8.jpegFB7FB9C2-86A0-45DF-8D7B-44A80AE950DE.jpeg

You say bored ...........I would love to hear about that...
I would give you only $500 for it the way it looks it's dirty so the filters probably nasty the chain looks like it has broken the bar probably needs to be replaced the exhaust looks like it's got a problem it looks like it needs quite a bit of work to get back to my satisfaction 500 cash in my best offer

Rare highly sought after MS 650. My best friends grandfather started Allbritton Chain Saw in Hattiesburg, and his father worked there his whole life before selling it to an employee and retiring. The saw has been professional bored and tuned only by Griff Allbritton only himself. Not even an employee got to touch this saw. Will be cleaned up for buyer before purchased. Just been used and haven’t had time clean her up. Runs and cuts like a beast! $1,000View attachment 1113396View attachment 1113397View attachment 1113398
I would give you only $500 for it the way it looks it's dirty so the filters probably nasty the chain looks like it has broken the bar probably needs to be replaced the exhaust looks like it's got a problem it looks like it needs quite a bit of work to get back to my satisfaction 500 cash in my best offer
Thank you for the offer. I have not cleaned it since I recently used. Little air compressor will go a long ways on it. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the bar and planned on throwing a new skip tooth chain on it, just haven’t gotten to it. Air filter is clean as a whistle. Yes it is an older saw and the muffler has rust on it. But far from needing quite a bit of work. I can clean up up, replace chain and buy a sparkly new muffler, and take a video of it for you if you are really looking for this model saw. But once again thanks for the offer, I’ll politely decline.

Also my apologies to all for not putting this post in the right spot, I looked for the classifieds and couldn’t find it. If someone could direct me to it I’d surely appreciate it. I don’t apologize for my first response and GIF though:) thanks and any help is always appreciated.

Love it how some people are so petty to create my profile for me as a new member just trying to sell a few saws and not bothering anybody and all of a sudden under my profile is not new member anymore but “Arborsite Lurker” and locked it so I can’t change it. If you don’t mind whoever is in control of this can I at least be the Arborsite stalker, or Arborsite rapist if I can come up with my own name. I can only think that it has to be someone who can absolutely relate to my long post, and didn’t get much sleep last night, cause it directly correlated with their life, caused them to wake up grumpy due to lack of sleep, and thought that was gonna bother me.
<ABUSIVE LANGUAGE DELETED>​

Also my apologies to all for not putting this post in the right spot, I looked for the classifieds and couldn’t find it. If someone could direct me to it I’d surely appreciate it. I don’t apologize for my first response and GIF though:) thanks and any help is always appreciated.
You're in the right section

Don't apologize for the GIFS , this place needs all the levity it can get

You may want to conduct the negotiation part via PM(private message) & not on the open boards

You don't have that many posts on AS & the builder is not known, so you may get some push back.

You're in the right section

Don't apologize for the GIFS , this place needs all the levity it can get

You may want to conduct the negotiation part via PM(private message) & not on the open boards

You don't have that many posts on AS & the builder is not known, so you may get some push back.

Thank you for your help and ideas of how to go about this. He probably isn’t well known. But his father started Allbritton chainsaw in the late 1800s and he spent 60 running the place after his father got ALS. It’s located in Hattiesburg , MS and was sold to an employee of his that kept the name. I believe he was one of the first Stihl dealers in the SE. he was consistently a top seller year after year, and don’t quote me, but sold more chainsaws than anyone in the SE, maybe the nation due to Hurricane Katrina. Fair to say he made a fortune for the two years following:). Great fisherman, mechanic, but if I have to hear about him going fishing somewhere in Canada with the reps and owners of Stihl one more time I’m gonna go loco:)

Love it how some people are so petty to create my profile for me as a new member just trying to sell a few saws and not bothering anybody and all of a sudden under my profile is not new member anymore but “Arborsite Lurker” and locked it so I can’t change it.
Sir no person has changed anything in your profile. The administration here is top notch PERIOD

They were not sought after at all. It was stihl wanting to have a 85cc saw and maybe them trying to gain some epa credits. Why would you want the weight of a 660 with less power?

I could see it filling a void in one’s collection though. It does look nice and I’m sure would run well if ported.
If a guy wants a newer odd-ball Stihl for his collection the MS780 would be one.

https://www.stihl.com/STIHL-power-t...-chainsaws-for-forestry/22112-131/MS-780.aspx

Someone hit the nail on the head. It was sought after by a collector. Didn’t even clean it although offered to. I’m sure he wanted it done his way. I’m not tech savvy but am going to try and delete the post all the while leaving the comedy. 460 for sale next. Still working on the post. Standby it’s gonna give a laugh to those who know how to. Didn’t get the 1000 but the 900 works for me. Got to love marketplace!

Love it how some people are so petty to create my profile for me as a new member just trying to sell a few saws and not bothering anybody and all of a sudden under my profile is not new member anymore

The operating system of the website assigns the status labels for each member automatically, according to the parameters that have been programmed in. No one has been editing your profile.

Now a warning: please clean up your language. This is a forum for selling equipment, and is not the right place to vent your frustrations in life.

The operating system of the website assigns the status labels for each member automatically, according to the parameters that have been programmed in. No one has been editing your profile.

Now a warning: please clean up your language. This is a forum for selling equipment, and is not the right place to vent your frustrations in life.
Well said

You say bored ...........I would love to hear about that...

The author of this thread seems to have drawn offense at this comment. Am I correct to think that boring a chainsaw cylinder would be a rather unusual event, hence your comment?

If anyone is routinely boring chainsaw cylinders, I am not aware of it.

Latest posts

Back