• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Stihl MS 650 For Sale

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The author of this thread seems to have drawn offense at this comment. Am I correct to think that boring a chainsaw cylinder would be a rather unusual event, hence your comment?

If anyone is routinely boring chainsaw cylinders, I am not aware of it.
Well Sir,

As much as I hate wishy-washy answers the answer is yes/no. It is possible to bore a saw cylinder but it would not be practical with the saw that was being discussed. The end cost would far exceed the value of the saw. The MS650 has a blind cylinder (non removable head) which makes it very hard to bore. If you were to bore it then you would have to have the jug re-lined as the boring would remove the lining. I used to have US Chrome re-line stock blind cylinders to original specs. As far as I know they have since quit doing so although they still will re-line "through bore" (ones with a removable head) which the MS650 does not have. If you did find someone to bore a blind cylinder, then you would have to have it re-lined, after that you would need a custom piston made and let me tell you Wiseco is not cheap.

Now are there "big bore kits" for saws......Of course so. The are not stock cylinders that are bored. They are manufactured new with the correct bore jug and the correct piston. Generally made in China.

Now will you find oversized pistons for McCulloch saws.....yes indeed. That is because they are actually for the kart engines that are a "through bore" and have a steel liner. A steel/iron bore cylinder can be bored without the need to re-line it. It is some sorts comparable to a small block Chevy.

I can go into more detail if needed

@missinhippie

I hope you are having a great early morning. I was out checking cows Friday evening and saw you had posted you had (2) Stihl MS780's to sell along with 15 other saws hanging at your location. You priced the MS 780's at $500 for (1) and $800 for the pair. For whatever reason you did not post any pictures. Now I see your post is gone. I am not sure why that is. Can you please explain? I would love to see some pictures and more information

I'd say your comment about 780's being rare followed by him posting up a pair of previously unmentioned 780's is kinda odd too.
I wish I would have taken a screen shot of his long post before he deleted it. In the post he went on a extremely long, unrelated tirade but what I gleaned was he said he had (2) MS780's to sell. I am assuming you saw that post also. I would be very interested in seeing the saws and buying them. In a few minutes I will probably be on the phone with the only guy I know that does indeed have a MS 780 NIB in the USA. They are not that common here. Just like the new style 07OAV I had and let go.

I'd suggest that you guys wait to see pictures of two of those saws side-by-side before you get too excited about the sale. Was that tirade not posted after the comment about their scarcity?
Sir, Could you please point me to the tirade you are referencing.

Thanks,

Bill G

I'd suggest that you guys wait to see pictures of two of those saws side-by-side before you get too excited about the sale. Was that tirade not posted after the comment about their scarcity?
My point exactly, the fact that he posted a pair of previously unmentioned rare 780's for sale right after another member mentions that 780's are rare saws is suspicious.

@missinhippie

I hope you are having a great early morning. I was out checking cows Friday evening and saw you had posted you had (2) Stihl MS780's to sell along with 15 other saws hanging at your location. You priced the MS 780's at $500 for (1) and $800 for the pair. For whatever reason you did not post any pictures. Now I see your post is gone. I am not sure why that is. Can you please explain? I would love to see some pictures and more information

I have been banned for bad language and harassment until a certain date, which I’d have to look back, at and honestly don’t have the time or energy to care. If you didn’t notice my posts have been take down and I have been banned for comments or trying to sell guns by Zuckerberg and Musk. Once unbanned I’ll be happy to send them to you. I know $500 is your number you’ll be willing to pay. Hopefully this post goes through, but honestly doubt it. So my apologies for lurking. And I don’t think I’ll be posting either; due to them being sold. Although nothing is sold until the money hits the bank which it has not. I’m meeting agree guys at the camp on Tuesday who want them. If not I’ll be happy to PM you pictures or publicly post. But you could offer me 100k and I would sell you ….

I have been banned for bad language and harassment until a certain date, which I’d have to look back, at and honestly don’t have the time or energy to care. If you didn’t notice my posts have been take down and I have been banned for comments or trying to sell guns by Zuckerberg and Musk. Once unbanned I’ll be happy to send them to you. I know $500 is your number you’ll be willing to pay. Hopefully this post goes through, but honestly doubt it. So my apologies for lurking. And I don’t think I’ll be posting either; due to them being sold. Although nothing is sold until the money hits the bank which it has not. I’m meeting agree guys at the camp on Tuesday who want them. If not I’ll be happy to PM you pictures or publicly post. But you could offer me 100k and I would sell you ….
Ask the admin to repost my comment. I’ve tried to no success. Miss the laugh everyday I get home after work. Sorry for the the days off. Like to enjoy my weekends. Mad at myself I didn’t screen shot it. Win or learn. I learned the hard way cause I miss the clever response and laugh it gave me every time I read it. That’s all in me. Damnit

You have not been banned in any way on this thread. Please try to be accurate. There are no restrictions whatsoever upon your ability to post in the general forums, except for a single thread you were behaving very badly in. Should you become a subscribing member, you would be automatically granted admission to the Political & Religious forum.

Your offensive posts have indeed been removed, as would be expected. Thanks for keeping the latest comments free of obscene or profane content.

If you have some MS 780 saws I am very open to dealing with you

Thank you for your help and ideas of how to go about this. He probably isn’t well known. But his father started Allbritton chainsaw in the late 1800s and he spent 60 running the place after his father got ALS. It’s located in Hattiesburg , MS and was sold to an employee of his that kept the name. I believe he was one of the first Stihl dealers in the SE. he was consistently a top seller year after year, and don’t quote me, but sold more chainsaws than anyone in the SE, maybe the nation due to Hurricane Katrina. Fair to say he made a fortune for the two years following:). Great fisherman, mechanic, but if I have to hear about him going fishing somewhere in Canada with the reps and owners of Stihl one more time I’m gonna go loco:)
Had an ex that worked for Stihl distribution in Canada and the US out of New Westminster(in BC)....and as a result actually did get to go fishing with the owner Peter Stihl. I also got a complementary display model 044 just for helping move their offices into a new building. It had never had gas in it...ever. Wish I hadn't sold it a few years later.........but not bad for 6 hours of labour!!

Back