Stihl ms181C,maybe I'll keep it?(dont laugh!)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skipster

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Picked up a near new Stihl 181C for a crazy cheap price the other day.
I only bought it because it had done about 2hrs work,and looked like a new saw,at 1/6 the cost of a new one.
Normally this kind of thing doesnt register on my radar,but I found an old Pioneer at the dump,and was lugging it to my car when a woman asked did i want to buy her unwanted gift of a chainsaw,she used it once,didnt enjoy the experience, and was thinking of tossing it out.
So,I was thinking of flipping it,or trading it,but I gave it a run first.
Once i got over the STUPID easy start BS,it ran great,and cut pretty well for such a little saw.

I'm tempted to keep it,although I'm not sure what for,I have a 362Cm,a couple of 044's and an 460.
Most of my work is limbing,but this might be a cool little saw to own.
Tell me I'm nuts,somebody.......

Having a small light reliable low hr saw is a plus to anyone. If a 362 is your smallest saw, I'd be keeping it. Set up with a sharp chain often little saws like that can do a better job of cutting small wood than a big saw. Nothing wrong with a near new one for 1/6th of new price either. I bet if you decide to keep it you will find yourself using it a lot more than you initially thought. Congrats on you new ms180c!!

Back