Stihl MS192TC - can’t find leak

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Triumph65

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a MS192TC & it’s leaking. Can’t really tell if it’s gas & bar oil or both. I broke down the saw & the gas lines under handle look to be fine.

Must be leaking from somewhere around the tank or the bottom.

Can’t find any videos online describing how to fix.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

If it leaks fuel, the culprit is most likely one of the elbow joints coming from the fuel tank; the fuel lines you saw under the handle come from those joints.

@Conquistador3 - I can’t figure out how to get to those joints. I’ve removed carb, top plate, both side plates & handle linkage but can’t figure out how to break apart the bar oil & gas tank.
I think it’s leaking bar oil.

You cannot break apart the engine housing on an MS192T. And the tanks are part of that housing.

If you haven't dropped the saw so hard as to crack the housing and you are leaking oil, your problem is likely to be the oil line itself as it's molded to be its own gasket. If you removed the sprocket side plate cover you should see where the leak is.
Those oil lines aren't that pricey from your local Stihl dealership, albeit replacing them may really try your patience.

Back