• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl MS201T - 14" b&c - muffler mod & timing advance

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is a very nice low hour Stihl MS201T with a 14” bar & chain. The date of manufacture is March of 2013. ELECT6845 gave it a timing advance as well as a muffler mod with a carb de-limit & re-tune. It runs awesome with snappy throttle response and great power after the mods. It makes 170 psi compression. The serial number is 17820238.

There are only two small items I can find to note. First, there is a groove cut into the hand guard that clearly came from a close encounter with another chainsaw. Second, there is a small chip broken out of the clutch side cover at the lower front corner (very common amongst the 200/201 models). Both of these can be seen in the photos and are showcased in multiple close-up photos. Both very minor, but I always try to point out everything I can.

Not really much else to say about it. I’ve superficially cleaned it to show the condition, but please don’t expect it to be out-of-the-box clean. Below is a link to 31 pictures on PhotoBucket. What you see in the photos is what you get & they’re fairly high resolution, so zoom on in!!

http://s270.photobucket.com/user/bwendholt/library/

Price is $450 + actual cost of shipping and insurance. Buyer can choose the shipping method. I’m willing to ship anywhere domestically or internationally. The package is 15”x12”x10”, weighs 11lb 6oz, and will be shipping from zip code 46112.

PM or post here if you have any questions about the saw, or PM me if interested in purchasing.

I’m more interested in cash than trades since this is a flipper, but it never hurts to ask. Trades would need to involve Stihl chainsaws/projects only, and I would need to be coming out ahead to make it worth the time it takes to orchestrate a kick-ass post like this one!!!

Thanks for looking.

1.JPG

It official, this saw is a ripper! I was a little nervous buying such a cute saw. I had some 8" oak limbs to try it out on and it sliced through like nothing. This thing is just what I needed.
Thanks again!

I'm glad you're happy with it. They get a lot of bad press, and for the price & reputation the hard feelings are probably warranted. But, a little handy work to the muffler, carb, and timing and they're a great little saw to run!

I have a ms201t did all the mods except the advance timing cannot figure out hot to do timing

Back