Stihl ms661

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are a few being tested around the world but its all very secretive... I have even seen any leaked pics yet.

I've been wondering about it too. Like what kind of AV it has, is it a strato, M-tron, etc.? I'm sure it'll prolly be strato charged but I wonder about the AV. It would be awesome to have a M-tronic, Spring Av, strato-charged 661!! I'd drop the coin quick. :D

I am very very curious to see what strato will do to a 90cc machine. The potential torque increase that strato seems to add is pretty cool

Personally I am looking forward to the 661 and if I don't buy a 660 in the coming year then I will probably buy the 661, with that being said there are few being tested somewhere is the US or Germany. Stihl seems to be very tight lipped about this saw which is good at keeping us at the edge of our seats lol. The big question is when when will it be released? I can not tell you but my theory is that if u look at the 461 "test" pictures that were posted here 1-2 years ago it took about a year after those were posted for that saw to be released in Germany, I am thinking it may be another 8 months to 1 yr and a half before we see the 661.

Already out in Canada and it was out in the EU for the longest time now. Maybe we should start shipping them down south? hmmmm $$$$

Latest posts

Back