Stihl Muffler Question...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joseph

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
For which saw's dose Stihl make dual port muffler cover?

I know for the 440.

Any other models?

Will the front dual port 440 cover fit any other models?

Thank You

Joseph

From what I can gather, the 046 and 066 have dual port options. It may be that the 046 and 044 mufflers are interchangeable.
Most of Stihl saws had several muffler configurations depending on the place and time in which they were available and the EPA rules to which they were subject.
A parts manual will usually tell the tale.
John

TRUSSMAN said:
the dual port for the 044 works on the 046.

In fact, it was a stock part on the 046 back in the day before OSHA decided it was too loud. Same deal with the plate for the 066.

In that diagram posted by Gypo Logger, I would imagine that there exists a part number listing and a key to go along with it that would indicate that the right-most muffler is produced for those of us in the U.S. and the others are for everyone else.

Do you see that gasket that is labeled number 10? Yesterday I screwed one of those up. Is there any reason you would want that gasket there other than to fulfill some possible EPA requirement?

Do you see that gasket that is labeled number 10? Yesterday I screwed one of those up. Is there any reason you would want that gasket there other than to fulfill some possible EPA requirement?[/QUOTE]

It may help make it easier to split the halfs when you have to clean the screens.

Back