• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

is there demand for this product ?

• yes

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • no

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

chainsawman53

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello from down under, ( Australia )
I am trying to sell water decals of the old stihl vintage badge. Is there a demand for this product?
Came up with this idea because I could not find a good badge to restore my 08s.
Item comes up world wide on Ebay but doesn't get many views or sales. How can I sell this product better. I hope that I not get in trouble for posting my Ebay link:
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2x-Stih...158896?hash=item2392a540b0:g:7NQAAOSwDFBaHjp~
Any ideas,
Regards, Garry DSCF1230.jpg DSCF1206.jpg DSCF1210.jpg

Thanks for your response. I bought one from America for us $ over 40.00. That is the black one without the red. I don't know if we are talking about the same seller. I was very disappointed because the badge does not have the 2 mm curve you need for the 08s.
Also it is 1mm thick not 1.5 mm like the original and that makes it feel cheap. When asking the seller how to make the badge curved without damaging it, I did not get a reply so I gave a negative feedback. Answer to that was I gave a negative because of the thickness of the badge, but that is not the case. I gave a negative feedback because I was brushed off.
I just like to repeat that I am not sure if that is the same seller and I do not want to name the shop here where I bought the badge. I am working on a 1.5 mm curved badge I will sell worldwide for $ us 15.00
free postage. I am pissed off that I am called a lurker on this website.
Regards,
Garry

Attachments

• DSCF1250.JPG
    DSCF1250.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 31
  • DSCF1248.JPG
    DSCF1248.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 29
Thanks for your response. I bought one from America for us $ over 40.00. That is the black one without the red. I don't know if we are talking about the same seller. I was very disappointed because the badge does not have the 2 mm curve you need for the 08s.
Also it is 1mm thick not 1.5 mm like the original and that makes it feel cheap. When asking the seller how to make the badge curved without damaging it, I did not get a reply so I gave a negative feedback. Answer to that was I gave a negative because of the thickness of the badge, but that is not the case. I gave a negative feedback because I was brushed off.
I just like to repeat that I am not sure if that is the same seller and I do not want to name the shop here where I bought the badge. I am working on a 1.5 mm curved badge I will sell worldwide for $ us 15.00
free postage. I am pissed off that I am called a lurker on this website.
Regards,
Garry
Garry if you are referring to the AS lurker in your avatar you can change that in personal details.

I see you ordered 2 old style decals. Sorry to say I did not include any rivets because you did not ask for them. I updated my ebay listing since then and now rivets come with the decals.
Don't know if you played with water decals before, they can be a bit tricky. Detailed hints come with the decals.
Good luck and a positive feedback on Ebay is always nice to see.
Garry

I see you ordered 2 old style decals. Sorry to say I did not include any rivets because you did not ask for them. I updated my ebay listing since then and now rivets come with the decals.
Don't know if you played with water decals before, they can be a bit tricky. Detailed hints come with the decals.
Good luck and a positive feedback on Ebay is always nice to see.
Garry

I was able to salvage the old rivets, so no need to reduce your inventory. I was actually considering using a different type of fastener to hold the plate on: a blind threaded rivet. I found a couple tiny stainless threaded rivets that are almost identical size with stainless screws. The bottom of the rivet looks just like the factory rivets and the screws go on the underside of the cover. We’ll see if they work or not.

Nice, the problem I am having is getting the old paint off. Don't have a sand blaster. Sometimes I use a heat gun.
I remember your name sending you decals for this name tag. Positive feedback on Ebay would be nice if you are happy with them.
Have a nice day,
Garry
Sorry my mistake. You ordered the west german decals and I sent you what you ordered.
Stuffed up again, different Jeremiah Johnsen, I get it right one day.

Just found 4 brand new Stihl name plates (Made in West Germany) here in Australia. Can not believe my luck. Happy to sell 3 of them.
Regards,
GarryDSCF1521.JPG
Never received the other 3 and sold one to united states

Latest posts

Back