Stihl part prices

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackjcc

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I had to move so I've been looking for a new Stihl dealer. My adventure this morning had the dealer quoting me $116 for an 026 oil pump, $53 for a clutch, and 44 for the drum.

Now they were very helpful and friendly and reacted well to me requesting parts, so far I like them. I'm just wondering if they have a crazy mark up going on or if that's just what an OEM pump costs?

Anyone able to check their costs on part number 1121 007 1043?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always wondered what it would cost to buy a saw in parts. No reason an 026 should cost 2500.00 or more in pieces. I love Stihl parts unfortunately just to pricey most times.

It's weird with Stihl, most parts are cheap yet there always seems to be a few a bit higher than they should be. I guess I had expected it to be about $30, that seems reasonable.

116.00 for a pump is high. You cld buy 2 aftermarket, 1 for a spare n still only be a bit more than half that cost.

I kinda expected the aftermarkets to be really cheap. That's 1/4 of the new price for that saw. At that price there is no advantage to going OEM over aftermarket.

Like Harley said, 1121 007 1043 is a conversion pump from non-adjustable to adjustable that comes with the drum, worm, etc. $116 is a good deal for that part.

Or you could just get either the non-adjustable pump or the adjustable pump for the same price for under $70.

1121 640 3203 = oil pump adjustable

1121 640 3202 = oil pump non-adjustable

So I had the wrong part number for the adjustable, good to know.

The price for the air filter was $41 I passed on that as well.

I buy most of my Stihl parts from the bay, mostly aftermarket and have had pretty good results. I think I paid $8 for a new clutch and it works just fine. The only thing that didn't work well were some 029 fuel lines which were too thin and kinked, blocking off the fuel flow. I did buy an 041 air filter that didn't fit but that's 2 items out of gobs of orders and I did make the filter work with a little trimming.

Back