Stihl plastic starter ring replacement issues

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ranchero50

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Just got back from my local dealers with a new starter ring for my 041AV and it's a rippled metal ring that doesn't fit my fan wheel. It's a bit thinner and isn't a tight fit to the fan. The part number is 0000-961-5115 and my fan is 91110 086 0500.

The saw SN is 9005074.

Where did they go wrong? This ring fits over the puller assy so I may just epoxy it in place.

Jamie :rolleyes:

You need a 0000 961 5116.

baileys_logo_arboristsite_1.gif

Grande Dog
Master Mechanic
Discount Arborist Equipment and Tree Care Supplies

Last edited:
The metal ring you got sounds like the part for an 090/070/etc... I'll bet that plastic ring you need is also what is found on the 045. I should get a couple before they go NLA.

Chris B.

Chris, may try to use this ring just out of spite but I am going to call the dealer to see if they can get the other part. I said it cost about $8 and he replied that it was $15 for the part I recieved.

On another note I got to playing with the starter pawls and noticed that they were friction actuated and my friction washers were worn down pretty far. I could only get them to actuate if I drop started the saw. I made some shims to remove the slop and they actuate now with just pulling the starter cord slowly.

Jamie

Back