Stihl Quickadjust bar question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marsingbob

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a 16" bar and 3 chains (one new) from a Stihl .026 I killed with bad gas. I sold the saw for parts and replaced it with a Husky 346xp from nmurph, so I have no use for the bar and chains. I was going to give it to a neighbor for his new Stihl 250 (has the right chain) but his is a Quickadjust bar. Any way to make my bar fit the Quickadjust saw? The slot in the Stihl Quickadjust bar is much larger.

I have a 16" bar and 3 chains (one new) from a Stihl .026 I killed with bad gas. I sold the saw for parts and replaced it with a Husky 346xp from nmurph, so I have no use for the bar and chains. I was going to give it to a neighbor for his new Stihl 250 (has the right chain) but his is a Quickadjust bar. Any way to make my bar fit the Quickadjust saw? The slot in the Stihl Quickadjust bar is much larger.

Bars will not fit, the ms250 has a small slot the 026 large. Is there an adaptor gents?

Probably wouldn't be worth messing with. Find someone that can use the bar. I'm assuming your 026 is running .325 chain x .063? Need to confirm the MS250 is using the same chain too. (and same number of drive links.)

The 3003 bar mount which is what the Stihl 026 uses will fit anything above it up to and including the MS660. (pitches would have to be correct) ie, probably no one is going to want to run a .325 chain on an MS660 but it could be done if they had the right sprocket. The bar will bolt up.

Probably wouldn't be worth messing with. Find someone that can use the bar. I'm assuming your 026 is running .325 chain x .063? Need to confirm the MS250 is using the same chain too. (and same number of drive links.)

The 3003 bar mount which is what the Stihl 026 uses will fit anything above it up to and including the MS660. (pitches would have to be correct) ie, probably no one is going to want to run a .325 chain on an MS660 but it could be done if they had the right sprocket. The bar will bolt up.

Yes it is a .325 x .063. I sold the .026 for parts and the husky is an .058. I probably need to just sell the bar and chains--would like to have given it to the neighbor. Thought it was possible there was an adapter, but not surprised that there is not.

if stock, the ms250 with 16" bar has a .325 chain x .063 with 62 drive links.

Latest posts

Back