stihl recall

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sheisonthemoon

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I was just reading the Arkansas weekly and there appears to have been a recall on the Stihl MS 192 T chain saws. They were sold nationwide from january 2005 to July 2005. Supposedly they can leak fuel causing a fire hazard.
The saws have a model number MS 192 T with serial numbers 264371702 thru 266087005.
If you own this saw you can bring it to a stihl dealer for free repair. or call Stihl at (800) 610-6677 btwn 7am and 8 pm et monday thru friday.
http://www.stihlusa.com/recalls/recall_MS192T.html

Noel

oops

:bang: Well i suppose i should have checked , but figured it was new news being in the paper, then again i am in Arkansas where everything is a bit slower. Sorry everyone .

sheisonthemoon said:
:bang: Well i suppose i should have checked , but figured it was new news being in the paper, then again i am in Arkansas where everything is a bit slower. Sorry everyone .

No problem repeating a recall notice, may be new AS members that'll benefit.

Ruger STILL advertises converting old model Blackhawks to new model lockwork - and that changed in 1973 I think... (And I prefer the old model lockwork, of course...)

Chaser

wagonwheeler said:
No problem repeating a recall notice, may be new AS members that'll benefit.

Ruger STILL advertises converting old model Blackhawks to new model lockwork - and that changed in 1973 I think... (And I prefer the old model lockwork, of course...)

Chaser
I think you are right (both statements), but I don't remember the reason regarding the Ruger, as I have not been much into guns the last 17-18 years or so....

Latest posts

Back