Stihl S10 rpm settings?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just use the same setting you would for an 08 (it's about 9k, I think). Depending on which carb you have, the saw may be limited by the "control valve". Don't chase the H mixture around at WOT unloaded - you'll get fake results. I'd just set the H screw to 1 turn out and forget it.. make slight adjustments after testing in wood. It is an antique...

I have a service manual at work... (we have all the old stuff still!). Won't be in until Monday, but I'll look up the official word.

Lakeside53 said:
Just use the same setting you would for an 08 (it's about 9k, I think). Depending on which carb you have, the saw may be limited by the "control valve". Don't chase the H mixture around at WOT unloaded - you'll get fake results. I'd just set the H screw to 1 turn out and forget it.. make slight adjustments after testing in wood. It is an antique...

I have a service manual at work... (we have all the old stuff still!). Won't be in until Monday, but I'll look up the official word.

Thanks Andy, Much appreciated.

Back