stihl s10 piston

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I soaked them for a week they would not come unstuck, I broke em trying to get them out. you think 44mm 1.5 will work. Thats what I need to get this thing running. I aint never heard it run.

I soaked them for a week they would not come unstuck, I broke em trying to get them out. you think 44mm 1.5 will work. Thats what I need to get this thing running. I aint never heard it run.

If the rings were stuck that bad I'd be reluctant to reuse the piston. Got any pictures of P/C?

Not a sponsor, but Caber makes 44mm & there’s some on fleabay. Those older saws used 44mm x 1.5mm thick rings & not the later 1.2mm thin rings. Early rings were 1110 034 3001, 44mm like used on S041 Stihls, then the later S10 IPL gives 48mm as the bore, ring #1108 034 3001. Guessing they upgraded to a bigger bore.

https://cdn.imagearchive.com/arbori...33ab4912a3728a044f3c93a84f188cb572f38c7b152cc

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1752658394...Aq2elUgIUwQ8plOmc0V47/fhIW|tkp:Bk9SR6zWyY-RYg
Would the ones that fit on a 028 44mm piston also work on a s10 44mm piston?

Dont got no pics,I wish i knew where I could find another 44mm piston and rings for it, the cylinder has a little scoreing,I believe i can scotch brite it out.

What does the piston look like? P/C clearance?
Dont got no pics,I wish i knew where I could find another 44mm piston and rings for it, the cylinder has a little scoreing,I believe i can scotch brite it out.

I think the later ones had 47mm P/C and there are some on Ebay now

Never tried that, what part number are you asking about?

The S10 & 028 ring part nos are different, so there may be a beam or depth difference.
Never tried that, what part number are you asking about?

The S10 & 028 ring part nos are different, so there may be a beam or depth difference.
Caber 44mm rings for 028 fit on the s10 piston just right, it seems to have more compression just spinning it by hand, now put it back together and see if she will run. Thank everybody for their help.

Latest posts

Back