stihl s10

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shovelhead63

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello, this is my first time posting I just got a stihl s10 top handle and just learning about it. It would not crank had 90psi so i pulled off cylinder the cylinder had a little scoring on exaust side and on piston and rings were stuck. The question I have is the piston checks 1.725 od with calipers would this be a 44mm piston if it is where can I get another one to fit this saw. My first time going this deep into a saw.

What you have is a 08 .The S had the bigger cylinder
The oiler interchanged with the S10 which was the rear handle version of the 08S with the 48 mm cylinder
Thanks a lot, so somebody along the way could have put the oiler cover on that says s10 if thats the case can i get one of them after market cylinder kits and upgrade to a 47mm and bolt right on.

S10. Now that is vintage. Used to get a few of them running each year. Seem to have dried up lately Red covers and if I remember, square Tillotson carb .Picture please.

If you want to trade i have a S10 with a 08 oiler on it
I dont know if the oiler even works I aint never had it running. I found it in a old shed and it was dirty. I am gonna try to take piston off and free the rings clean the bad spots on piston and cylinder and see what happens, never did it before.

S10. Now that is vintage. Used to get a few of them running each year. Seem to have dried up lately Red covers and if I remember, square Tillotson carb .Picture please.
yea thats what it looks like. Ive rebuilt carb now if i can get the cylinder and piston fixed up and see if she will run. Do you know if some of the early models had the 44mm piston.

Latest posts

Back