Stihl Saw Comparison $/lb $/HP HP/lb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SawTroll said:
Sorry to bore some of you with references to test reports by DLG and KWF again, but those independent tests show that Husky and Jonsered are a bit optimistic regarding the weight of most of their saws, and very optimisitic regarding some models. The worst cases is the 357xp, 372xp and 359 - and corresponding Jred models.
Dolmar is also a bit optimistic, while Stihl mostly is right on with the exception of the 290 and 390 (310 is not tested).

I'm actually quite interested, but can't find any of these reports. Can you provide links? Are any of them in english (I can handle french too, but I suspect that won't help)

Thanks

Here is the links;

DLG; KWF.

As you will see, a lot of the test reports are the same on both sites, but some reports are only of one of them (goes both ways).

Also beware of misprints, as there are some.....

Most of them are in German only, but some (the newest ones) are in English also.

SawTroll said:
Here is the links;

DLG; KWF.

As you will see, a lot of the test reports are the same on both sites, but some reports are only of one of them (goes both ways).

Also beware of misprints, as there are some.....

Most of them are in German only, but some (the newest ones) are in English also.

Niko,

thanks for the links. quite interesting.
see ya.

Roland

Totally great chart:) Would it be possible to add the Jonsered version of the Husky saws to the table? Like, Husky 353 (Jred 2152) and so on.

The bar column is useless and could be replaced with CCs. Here's the chart with highs and lows circled:

attachment.php

Good summary, the 455 Husky jumped out to me too as being a little pricey for "MSRP" amount used in the column.

Would be interesting to see a column showing the value of the saw after 5 years of use, 10years, etc. That is one of the big things that shifted me from the MS290 to the MS361. Nearly imposible to do, but it is easy do to for automobiles....

Dolmar impressed me as well. May need to pick one of those up.

although nearly impossible to do, it would be interesting to take the average price the saw is sold for and compare it that way. i have never seen a husky sell for MSRP, however i have seen stihls listed for that, and heard people talk about buying stihls for MSRP or not much less.

As far as I'm concerned those figgers don't mean nuthin... when you walk into a Stihl dealer like I did the other day and pay $26.75 for a lousy air filter for a ms200t. That's right, expensive maintenance and expensive non competitive parts makes all that data useless.

Back