Stihl Saw ID

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More digging, I think the 230 is 40mm bore but the engine can be swapped out to accept an ms250’s engine that is a 42.5mm? Edit hence why the full engine kits for sale fit both and have both models listed, while the piston only options state 230 or 250.

Thanks guys. I’ll check the seals, if they need replacing I’ll split the clamshell and measure.

More digging, I think the 230 is 40mm bore but the engine can be swapped out to accept an ms250’s engine that is a 42.5mm? Edit hence why the full engine kits for sale fit both and have both models listed, while the piston only options state 230 or 250.

Thanks guys. I’ll check the seals, if they need replacing I’ll split the clamshell and measure.

See if you can find the IPLs. Check P/C assys

Maybe ya'll are using a misterm by accident. It's a primer pump. Don't remember seeing any of that series with decomp.
As Bob mentioned above, it’s a purge bulb. Primer pushes fuel either directly or indirectly into the throat of the carb, a purge removes the air from the carb as in the case of modern 2 strokes.

As Bob mentioned above, it’s a purge bulb. Primer pushes fuel either directly or indirectly into the throat of the carb, a purge removes the air from the carb as in the case of modern 2 strokes.

No, he is talking about a decomp valve on the side of the cylinder which there is apparently a version in some parts of the world.

I have never seen one here and I work on a lot of them. Would solve a lot of problems if we had it here.

No, he is talking about a decomp valve on the side of the cylinder which there is apparently a version in some parts of the world.

I have never seen one here and I work on a lot of them. Would solve a lot of problems if we had it here.

You missed the sentence where he wrote “purge valve” anyway all good. Just confirming they’re a purge not a primer.

No, you were the one claiming we were misnaming the decompression valve as a primer- I merely pointed out these saws are available with both a purge valve and decompression valve- the manual on the USA site discusses the models fitted with decompression valves on page 38, in amongst the starting procedures section.

Latest posts

Back