Stihl trimmer head

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mortalitool

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
So I have a question. I have a pieced together stihl weed Wacker and I purchased a cultivator head to attach to it. There isn't anything on it at the moment. So I have the motor, throttle, D handle, and this cultivator head. my question is how the heck do I get it onto the shaft? I have the tightening screw backed off to allow for it to be installed. Any tips appreciated.

Also thinking did stihl have different diameter shafts at one time?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I think I have 2 different diameters. Shaft is to big for the "heads"

What model? The dedicated brushcutter units do have a heavier shaft than the trimmers, and a different gearbox. I would clean both ends to see if there's gunk that won't come off that's causing them not to match.

I have a FS74, an FS130 and an older FS90AV. I got it to fit on my FS74 shaft but the drive shaft inside the outer shaft was the solid style. The ends didn't mate up to the cultivator.

From my experience so far stihl has at least 3 different shaft sizes for trimmers/clearing saws.
I run one of those cultivators on my fs 120r with no probs. Have you tried it on the fs 130 ?
From what I see the fs 74 has a flexible drive shaft ,maybe that is the issue, pretty sure these attachments are designed for a solid shaft.
good luck , there an awesome tool in the vege patch

Latest posts

Back