Stihl FS120 speed feed head options

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

canucklehead

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Maybe I missed the boat but I tried several search parameters and can't seem to find anything where people asked or discussed speed feed trimmer head options. I have a speed feed head on my Echo straight shaft trimmers but would like to put one one on the FS120 i just picked up. Not clear to me if the Echo Speed Feed 400 fits ? They seem to say they come with adapters. Or maybe a china knock-off ? Seem to be several cheap 5 packs on ebay, amazon.

Anyone have speed feed head on a stihl straight shaft?

My Fs250 is for running the blade! :yes:

thanks for any help.

Echo does make speed feed that will fit Stihl and some other brands cw adapters
buy original echo one - not knock off

lol, I bought an Amazon knock off for cheap. Wasn't 100% sure what i needed to leave on before install as i had a thin flat metal plate and large LH thread nut holding my previous system in place. I left the flat plate on and then threaded on the POS. I went to test out and first tap I could not get string to advance. Couldn't see an easy way to pop off cap. Doesn't seem to twist to let me line up holes to feed string, but maybe cuz still a lot of string still on it. Asked Kung Fu seller if they had a manual and they told me to return it. Complete waste of time. I guess my cheapass will have to crack open wallet and pay for quality. I am giving this to my son so I didn't want to spend much since I'll never see $$ in return. :D

Latest posts

Back