Stihl- which one?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I'm not mistaken, you can put a 026 top end on your 024 crankcase, just an option to think about.
From what I've read here, Meteor is the only aftermarket p&c I'd buy.

Just my two cents but I would take the money your planning on spending for another saw and start gathering parts for the 024 you have.

Nate66 that was another thought as well. With so many irons in the fire, I simply don't have the time at this moment.

Awesome finds cgraham1. Great examples of what patience and a little work can get you. I too, believe in used saws, which is exactly what you have the minute you pay for a new one.

OP, I think you're correct in being weary of the gadgets on homeowner saws. Like you said, keep it simple. Since you don't have time to work on one: $300 range you can find a nice 039/390, $250 and under you can find a good 029 Super/290, 028, 026/260, or 024/024 Super. I'd shop local cl and here on AS. Ebay is an overpriced gamble. Be weary of but don't overlook pawn shops. Most in my area price saws on the high side. 2 or 3 have good prices. One has a pretty nice 039 for $240 right now. Just an example, never know what youll find.

Thanks for all the advice fellas. A search on craigslist led to a Ms211 about 2yrs old and in over all great shape, owner just upgraded to a 36 stihl. He was asking $175 I managed to get him down to $140 with a full tank of fuel. :D

Pics soon to come.

That is a great lookin saw btw!!

Latest posts

Back