Stihl's "Quick Chain Adjustment" System

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good advice?????

I think that the general consensus of this tread, and a recent one about the rear handle activated chain break (QSS), could be just one piece of good advice:

"Stay away from any Stihl chainsaw with the letter "C" in its model designation"
:blob2: :blob2: :blob2:

Last edited:
Well Fish, as much as you don't want to admit it, at least we have one happy customer of Intenz bars. Think we might find another?

Oregon Engineer

I dont know the one I used seemed to be of a head ache. I like the quick adjust on my stihl it is quick but it makes changin chains and cleaning a pain. But i like the feature out in the woods. I would like to see how it holds up on a 066 mag.

I really do not mean to be "mean", but I deal with the "Intenz" and Stihl customers
daily, when they come back for sharpening or repair, and just report my findings here.
I like Oregon products well enough, and probably sell more of them than the others.
I appreciate your posting here, as these guys need all of the help you can give.

Other than Dagger, you are the only other industry insider that bothers to interact
here, and with that, I applaud you.

Hello Fish,
What type of customers come into your shop??? What is the percentage breakdown on home owners, fire wood cutters, arborists, and professional loggers?

Thanks Scottr

I thought the 18" Intenz bar sucked, can't keep a chain tight on it. But I have been running Carlton N1 skip on it. Never made the connection with the chain. Thanks Scottr! Will try some Oregon 91 on it and see if it stays tight. I found the Poulan 2300's oil better if I don't lift the bar when tightning. Thanks for the insight guys. If the 91 chain stays on the Intenz I will tell all and say I'm sorry to the Oregon Dude for my mistake.

** Media Exposure for Stihl QCA **

Any of you fellows notice the advertisement on The Learning Channel for their series MODERN MARVELS ? On the ad, they feature, among other things, a Stihl saw with the Quick Chain Adjustment. Later, though, in the same commercial when they actually show a guy felling a tree, he's using an Echo chainsaw.

It was my 8 year old son who shouted at me, "Dad, come watch this commerical! They show a Stihl chainsaw!!"

I would say that 90% of my customers are homeowners and/or farmers, most of the
pros around here work on their own saws, or have a buddy that does. We have alot of big Lowes and Walmarts here, so I see alot of the poulans with the Intenz bars.

quik adjust

The whole idea of it is the fact you no longer need a wrench to maintain the bar and chain. :rolleyes:
The few intenze bars I have seen did not work very well.
But, somebody must be buying them.

Fish and Sawdust,
18" & 20" Intenz bars take more torque to tension correctly than the shorter bars. For the 18 & 20" I suggest you flip the bar on the saw so the tensioner hole is below the saw studs. This will reduce the torque needed to tension the chain, but it is no longer a righty-tighty, it takes a counter-clockwise turn of the scrench to tighten the chain.

The only intenz bars I see are on the small Poulans, in the 14"-18" inch
range, with the 3/8 lo-pro, usually the double skip, junk, safety chain.

Latest posts

Back