Stihl's version of a Husky 359?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
compareing the 310 to the 359 is like compareing a geo to vett.

these saws in stock form arent compareble, stihl recomends a 20" bar on the 310, husqavarna recomends 24" for the 359, 310 viibrates to beat the band, vibration level are even eveident with both saws idleing in your hands. the 359 wins all races when compared to the 310. muffler modded i think itl best the stock 361.

i do have both the 310 and the 361, both are good saws. 390 probly vibrates much more with its longer bars and more power.

but it realy comes down to how much you want to spend.

one thing i realy like about the 359 is the toolless top cover and toolless air filter. that is very handy. to clean the filter and easily and quickly get to sparkplug.

If you are talking to me then I see the mistake I made. I was quoting JackTheRipper when he said $200.

My local Stihl dealer priced the 361 (with 20" bar) to me for $620 and was firm on the price. The Husqvarna dealer sold the 359 to me for $475. So that was a difference of $145 for me and not $200. Also the Husky dealer sold me a new chain, offered the "Tough Box" carry case and a few wedges all at his cost. Oh, he even threw in two bottles of mix.

When I bought my Stihl MS290 a couple weeks ago they made me buy all of the oil I needed and wouldn't even offer anything at a discount when I asked. I even purchased a new John Deere lawn tractor off of them two years ago! I'm sure it all just depends what kind of dealer you buy from though. Does anyone know if Stihl dealers are even allowed to sell under MSRP?

:cheers:

Last edited:
id rather not go in stihl store.

i need to find a difrent one. because i stihl will need to get chains. i may have another still one of these days but i wont get from a dealer ill get second hand itl burn husky oil.

If you are talking to me then I see the mistake I made. I was quoting JackTheRipper when he said $200.

My local Stihl dealer priced the 361 (with 20" bar) to me for $620 and was firm on the price. The Husqvarna dealer sold the 359 to me for $475. So that was a difference of $145 for me and not $200. Also the Husky dealer sold me a new chain, offered the "Tough Box" carry case and a few wedges all at his cost. Oh, he even threw in two bottles of mix.

When I bought my Stihl MS290 a couple weeks ago they made me buy all of the oil I needed and wouldn't even offer anything at a discount when I asked. I even purchased a new John Deere lawn tractor off of them two years ago! I'm sure it all just depends what kind of dealer you buy from though. Does anyone know if Stihl dealers are even allowed to sell under MSRP?

:cheers:

My local guy had 361 for about $540, 20" bar. Sale price right listed right on the saw.

I was deciding between the 359 and the 361 also. What leaned me more towards the 361 was probably the inboard clutch.

Latest posts

Back