Still 045 Super

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babybart

ArboristSite Guru
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Looking into a rebuilt 045 Super with solid bottom end and rebuilt top end for a milling saw, just curious about availability of parts for this saw.

That's more than I would pay for one. Personally, I don't feel it's a good choice for a work saw. They were strong and fast for their time, but are quite old now. I'd recommend that you look for a 394/395 or a 066/660.

Thanks again, been a Husky/ Echo man and thought I would try the something different, just know this is not the different I should try now... This is the reason I joined and stopped lurking around!

Many times a day I check! Rebuilt a 371xp and not scared to break open a saw, just know the nature of the beasts and don't want to invest in something that sits on the bench waiting for parts!

That's more than I would pay for one. Personally, I don't feel it's a good choice for a work saw. They were strong and fast for their time, but are quite old now. I'd recommend that you look for a 394/395 or a 066/660.
i own 2 excellent runners that i have rebuilt, but i agree w/ others not my first choice for day to day ops. due to availability of parts. i like to show off old school when we are workingas a reminder of how far we have come

i own 2 excellent runners that i have rebuilt, but i agree w/ others not my first choice for day to day ops. due to availability of parts. i like to show off old school when we are workingas a reminder of how far we have come
I have a standard 045. I sold my nice 045 Super in favor of this one, since it's the exact model of my Dad's first Stihl saw.

IMG_2112-L.jpg

Here's the one I sold.
IMG_2145-L.jpg

The styling caught my eye and I like the old school look but can't afford pieces I can't work right now. Saw a really good looking 075 on EB that I would just start and rev up when company is around, ha!

Feel you on the dad thing, there is an old Homelite around his house somewhere that he cut wood with as far back as i can remember, hope to find the parts to redo her and surprise him with it! Single income with my mom and 4 kids to feed so when he bought anything new he saved forever to get it and made it last forever!

Ha, thanks, like the pits on yours! I'm still looking around for a milling saw, seen a lot and not wanting to pull trigger to fast. I'm not stuck on any brand, except my Echo's and their biggest is not enough! Just realized my auto correct changed Stihl to Still....:givebeer:

Latest posts

Back