STILL Jonesing for my Jonsey!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodie

"Cap'n Bullcrap'n"
Reaction score
I was the one that posted the thread about the Jred 2152, the Husky 353, or the PS5100. Well, I decided, thanks to YOU bastards!!, that I wanted to go up one more notch to the 60cc class, so it's going to be a Jonsey 2159. (For the record, you all suck, and my wallet and I hate every one of you.)

I also looked at the MS361, and while I'm sure it's a damn fine saw, I just couldn't justify the extra $150. And the Jred 2156/Husky 357 didn't offer me anything I truly needed to justify their extra $$ either...4.1 hp is plenty for me.

Unfortunately, my Jred dealer is playing hell getting ahold of the 2159...he says he's kind of getting jerked around by some sort of politics between the sales force...some sort of consolidation I didn't quite understand. He apparently pitched a ????? to his rep, and if my saw isn't in tomorrow (Friday) he's calling Tilton HQ directly.

Thanks to everyone here for your help. You guys are a great resource, even if you bashed my wallet for an extra $85!!

Darn, too bad you didn't go up to the 5100S, it will outcut a 60cc saw anyway.
enjoy your saw, if'n ya ever get it.
-Ralph

begleytree said:
Darn, too bad you didn't go up to the 5100S, it will outcut a 60cc saw anyway.
enjoy your saw, if'n ya ever get it.
-Ralph

Trust me, I thought hard about that one, too, but there is only one Dolmar dealer in my area, and he doesn't even STOCK the PS5100.

"I've got the 510 though!"

I didn't have the heart to ask him why he wouldn't carry their most popular product. I figured, if he didn't know enough about the line to carry that saw, what the hell would he know about fixing it? Nothing about that dealer impressed me.

wood_newbie said:
Nothing about that dealer impressed me.

It happens, good and bad dealers in every line made, and in every location.
:cheers:
if my local stihl dealer was on fire, I wouldn't pi$$ on him.
Dolmar dealer and husky dealers are good people, as is the stihl dealer 1 hr away. was up to see him today.
-Ralph

wood_newbie said:
Unfortunately, my Jred dealer is playing hell getting ahold of the 2159...he says he's kind of getting jerked around by some sort of politics between the sales force...some sort of consolidation I didn't quite understand. He apparently pitched a ????? to his rep, and if my saw isn't in tomorrow (Friday) he's calling Tilton HQ directly.

I hope he gets it figured out quickly. I'd be darned if I would wait for a saw.

Latest posts

Back