Storm

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lmbeachy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
We had a storm go through here on June 13 that was pretty bad, blew a lot of trees down,etc. A neighbor came over yesterday and wanted to know if I would go with him to look at a tree that had blown over not to far from here. The log is 18 ft long, 34 inches on the small end and 48 inches on the butt end. It is bigger that any thing that I have tried to cut so far, but I think maybe we will give it a try. Here are some pics of the tree. On the one you can see that it came pretty close to the house when it came down.

Storm2.jpg

Storm1.jpg

Last edited:
What a shame! Looks like that was a hell of a tree! I assume you took care of it for him? Firewood or milling project?

Haven't done anything yet, friend of mine would like to work it up for lumber (quarter cut). Maybe work out a deal with him for part of the lumber. Lmbeachy

That's a good one Less! That should keep you busy for a while!

It was good to see you again, at EXPO 09. The next one will be in the same place, so start making your plans now... lol

Rob

Hi Lester
I could use a nice slab of red oak. Let me know if you cut any. Here is a picture of what I did with the last slab you got me. The legs are just temp until I mill better lumber - Joe

Joe, you did yourself proud on that table. Looks great. Not sure what will happen with the oak, but if I do get to cut it how thick a slab would you want. Lester

Hi Lester
I could use a nice slab of red oak. Let me know if you cut any. Here is a picture of what I did with the last slab you got me. The legs are just temp until I mill better lumber - Joe

WOW!!! I am digging that!:chainsaw:

Latest posts

Back