Stove was dangerously HOT!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the kitchen timer with a lanyard you hang around your neck. Makes it hard to miss it.

I could hear the metal chimney expand - cling cling- loud enough it did alert me... about 700, I don't walk away anymore, and yes it will turn on the smoke detector... scary...

Not burning my house down is a pretty high priority.

When I load the stove am aware of what's goin own with the fire and around the stove.

Be careful out there!

First cold night we had, I stuffed my insert full of black locust and left the door cracked to get it going. Shut the door after about 20 minutes and took a shower. Come back in the room to turn off lights and do a last check before bed and had a strange glow coming from fireplace.

Thought the yard light was reflecting wierd off the snow but it was the top of the insert glowing red from being too hot. Shut down the air and turned the blower on. Took about 30 minutes cause the secondaries were all burning strong.

Makes ya want to pay attention and not take it for granted.

Just last night I put some BL in the stove and cracked the air open a bit. I go about making some dinner and it seemed excessively warm in the house. Well I'm cooking dinner, right?
I take a look at the stove and it's runnin' 650 to 700. Nothing was glowing red hot yet, but, man I'm only 25' away. I had a couple piles of snow-covered wood that were dangerously close to the stove trying to do the quick-dry thing.
Serious wake-up!

I'm glad sunfish never forgets but I decided to use a timer like some of you have suggested.

Once you walk in on a glowing stove I think it changes you.

Back