Strapping bundles?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joesell

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
00F0F_j1QSaxdFw9K_600x450.jpg 00808_6VdVKXOAC5A_600x450.jpg I asked the other day in a attempted thread hyjack.

Has anyone ever modified a strapping machine for bundles?

Is the plastic wrap that much better?

I ask because strapping seems like it would be so much faster, and just as tight, if not tighter.

I have been seeing them show up in plastic bags with a handle lately.

I imagine it would work, but think of marketing. Sitting in a store, you'll get heaps of dirt under the stack and across the floor.

I would like to get either a strapping or wrapping machine myself. I just don't sell enough bundles to justify the cost.

I use a rack built out of 2x2's with a 10"x12" space at the top,pile about 15 pieces on it and then I use a ratchet strap to cinch
the bundle tight,Use 2 pieces of hay twine to tie the bundle and form a carrying handle.Unlatch the ratchet strap and repeat
the process.Takes 4 minutes to make a bundle.Hay twine is cheap,$25 a roll...one roll makes about 300 bundles.

I would think those box bundlers wouldn't work so well. You need to jiggle the wood to get to a tight fit, and that would be hard to do on a flat table, so you'd have to modify it. If you're going to spend that kind of money, then just get a firewood bundler that's designed for it.

I have been using a poly stapping system for years, a tensioner, and a sealer with clip's.. 1/2 inch band, then use baling twine for handle,

Back