Stuck Ring Husky 55 Rancher

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimR

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of my Husky 55's died on me yesterday. The ring stuck in the piston. There is no scoring on the piston or jug. This is a first for me and was wondering why this happened. I use a 50-1 ratio of gas to oil. The saw has never been apart or modified since new. It has about 100-150 hours on it. There was a lot of carbon buildup in the ring groove which I removed with the old ring that I broke in half. Your thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. I'll be putting a new ring in it today. :bang: :bang:

TIA, Jim

Probably due to the oil ,some brand are more prone to carbon build up than others.Try another brand.Your ratio at 50 /1 is fine usually.Clean your ring groove carefully before installing the new one.

Thanks, I was wondering about the oil also. I've been using Amsoil and Husqvarna 2 cycle oil. I guess I should try just one brand and stick with it.

I installed a new ring and replaced the base gasket this morning. The cost was under $10.00 and the saw runs like new again. What a PITA.

Latest posts

Back