Stuff found in trees

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok it was at a golf course but, I was still surprised just how many golf balls were in a large gum multi limb crotch about 30 feet up, just sitting waiting. At least 40 lost balls some looked quite new many looked years old so sad and forgotten, I delivered em back to ground to finish their task. reckon I was 1st to find ever.
Hey this was 20 years back so I guess the tree will have borne more white plastic fruit by now.
The pot marks wounds on the smooth bark trees was also a surprise quite some damage up and down the limbs by miss hit balls.
Later that week a golfer bloke hook teed off with my back to him, as I turned I caught the ball smack in the shoulder, it dropped me like a stone. He walked up to me still stunned and asks "did I see where his ball went"... *&@@ - you pal was all I could spew out.

Man you are just too nice. My kneejerk reaction would have been to show him where his golfball went...... on the apron of my chipper. Play it where it lies!

I remember when I was a little kid, on summer vacations, my younger brother and I would take a hammer and a coffee can full of old nails and pound em into an old Cherry tree in her backyard. hundreds of nails.

30 years later, she had the tree taken down, and she said the guy went thru a bunch of chains cutting it up. he did finish it, but never came back for more work.:confused:

Ok it was at a golf course but, I was still surprised just how many golf balls were in a large gum multi limb crotch about 30 feet up, just sitting waiting. At least 40 lost balls some looked quite new many looked years old so sad and forgotten, I delivered em back to ground to finish their task. reckon I was 1st to find ever.
Hey this was 20 years back so I guess the tree will have borne more white plastic fruit by now.
The pot marks wounds on the smooth bark trees was also a surprise quite some damage up and down the limbs by miss hit balls.
Later that week a golfer bloke hook teed off with my back to him, as I turned I caught the ball smack in the shoulder, it dropped me like a stone. He walked up to me still stunned and asks "did I see where his ball went"... *&@@ - you pal was all I could spew out.
Whoa thats cool i've never thought tree gear could get you golf balls...thats great...Simliar incedent happend to an old boss of mine...mowing at a condo next to a golf course and a ball hit him in the shoulder or the arm..The golfer came up and He was like IS THIS YOUR BALL!! and threw it in the woods and walked away..:hmm3grin2orange: By the way were you in the tree when i happened...I'd love to get a job trimming at a golf course unless you were in the tree's over the fairway!

Whoa thats cool i've never thought tree gear could get you golf balls...thats great...Simliar incedent happend to an old boss of mine...mowing at a condo next to a golf course and a ball hit him in the shoulder or the arm..The golfer came up and He was like IS THIS YOUR BALL!! and threw it in the woods and walked away..:hmm3grin2orange: By the way were you in the tree when i happened...I'd love to get a job trimming at a golf course unless you were in the tree's over the fairway!

I've been grinding stumps on a golf course and had golf balls bounce off the stumper. Not impressed.

Here's a few
1. Tree info sign
2. Padlock and chain
3. What is this ???

A. Its the Codit stains from injection wound site of tree (Liquid ambar) growth stunting chemical (gibberellin) cut away in section.

Lostcoast your ? About 50m from the tee and safely off the fairway. The bloke walked up dropped his ball and swung... no tee up no practice swing. I knew I was for it! when my work mate I was talking to eyes went wide and he ducked away.

Bike in tree

attachment.php

Last edited:
Back