Stump Grinding Price

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Joe

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Ok, the guy is all done taking down all the trees in our yard and he took all the pine logs and chipped the brush...He left me the good fire wood and I have that cut up and ready to split...I now need to do something with the stumps...I work for a construction company and I can remove the stumps but have no place to take them here in MA...So I am thinking about having someone come and grind them...There are 36 stumps...Mostly all the trees were pine and a few maples and oaks...The stumps were mostly around 12" in diamater and a few around 2'. Can anyone give me an idea of what it is going to cost me to have these ground?? Is it worth while to go somewhere and rent a grinder and do it myself or are the grinders that someone will rent you too small?? Any input on this would be greatly appreciated...
Thanks,
Joe

of course i could try an find the number of the guy that did a big hardwood stump for one of my customers. he was using a big unit,it broke dn, he spent half the day getting it running again. he cleans it up, an does a good job of leaveing the area nice. i ask what the job cost.
the customer said ,oh i got a fair deal 40 bucks. :confused: :confused:
i decided not to go into the buisiness.:)

There is a guy over here with a 50TX who will grind stumps out for $100 per hour. Maybe try to find somebody like that out your way?

I agree with most of what everybody is saying, but around here I can rent the small vermeer 25 horse grinder for 150 dollars a day.
You should be able to do your job no problem in a day even if you have no past experience w/ the machine. they are easy! Only problem here is you are doning all the work, but you are saving $$$.

If you rent one save some time go and buy a new set of teeth.Ive never seen a grinder on a rental lot that the teeth weren't completely shot.

Back