stump teeth

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know-I take them off. A diamond wheel for a 4.5 inch angle grinder would undoubtably work. If it is more than the barest touch-up you would need to reset the teeth for smooth cutting anyway so why not change them? If time is your concern, try changing them out in thirds -replacing the dullest with fresh teeth. It works like a charm.(Better actually, since I don't believe in charms;) )

Use the green teeth, don't sharpen them just rotate them. An added bonus they cut 15- 20% faster as well.

the law of 3's

Most grinders have a number of teeth divisible by 3's.

Take the outermost set of three and move them back to the middle when beat.

Move the middles to the front and so forth.

Once the third or last set is beat then either sharpen or replace.

For the record I run CEI 800 SERIES teeth. I have done easily 50 stumps of varying widths here in the Northeast(rocky soil form glaciers) and have not sharpened yet!!!

(knock on wood)
:blob2:

stump teeth are cheap i just throw them away... buy news ones..the machine makes pleanty of money so its not even worth it to sharpen them.

Originally posted by Abbershay
stump teeth are cheap i just throw them away... buy news ones..the machine makes pleanty of money so its not even worth it to sharpen them.

the teeth i use aren't cheap im using vermeer pro teeth..i sometimes wish i had the old finger bar teeth £1.50 each.i take it these are the type of teeth your refering to when your talking about cheap teeth

Back