Stumper Teeth

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TreeClimber57

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Just wondering about teeth.. does any use Multi-Tip teeth. Look good, more economical looking than anything else I can find.

But what do you all think. Cost.. quality.. pros and cons.

I have used them for a number of years. I will never go back to teeth and pockets. Easy to change teeth (60 seconds ) no pockets to wear out and suck up power in the dirt, no bolts running side ways through the wheel and wearing the hole to a oval shape. Cuts 30 % faster than traditional teeth, and much cheaper when you factor in bolts and pockets that you no longer have to buy. Use them on my SC252's and SC505 Vermeer Grinders.

I have used them for a number of years. I will never go back to teeth and pockets. Easy to change teeth (60 seconds ) no pockets to wear out and suck up power in the dirt, no bolts running side ways through the wheel and wearing the hole to a oval shape. Cuts 30 % faster than traditional teeth, and much cheaper when you factor in bolts and pockets that you no longer have to buy. Use them on my SC252's and SC505 Vermeer Grinders.

Can you post a link of what you use? I have a Rayco 25hp and am pondering something different than the stock teeth.

Are you trying to sell them here? just curious because you just said everything that the advertisers say....thought i was reading an info mercial. lol:hmm3grin2orange:

Are you trying to sell them here? just curious because you just said everything that the advertisers say....thought i was reading an info mercial. lol:hmm3grin2orange:

I have reservations about multi-teeth as well. What happens when you dull or break 1 of the three teeth? Guess you just chunk the 3 tooth assembly and put on another $20 assembly. Kind of pricey to me. I would rather replace a $3 finger tooth or in my case with greenteeth loosen the tooth and turn to a new cutting edge

He asked for my opinion and I gave it. I was the first one on this side of the pond to use Multi Tip so I have more than a little experience with the system. And no I have nothing to do with selling the product. I grind stumps for my living, I dont cut trees or fix sprinkler system I grind Stumps with one of my seven stump grinders.

I have reservations about multi-teeth as well. What happens when you dull or break 1 of the three teeth? Guess you just chunk the 3 tooth assembly and put on another $20 assembly. Kind of pricey to me. I would rather replace a $3 finger tooth or in my case with greenteeth loosen the tooth and turn to a new cutting edge

There are actually 4 teeth. And you do need to change the wheel as well, which can make 1st time replacement a bit pricey. (although some other brands require wheel replacement as well)

I did switch to MultiTip on one grinder, and can say that so far have been mroe than satisfied with the results. If you dull a tooth, it can be sharpened. Multi-Tip will also take them back with a small refund towards a new tooth. But you are right, I think they are around $15 or $16 per tooth if you need to actually replace one.

I do like the fewer parts involved, and the time to remove or replace teeth is significantly reduced over the original teeth (or any solution that uses the original teeth setup)

Plyscamp I was just razzin ya, no need to take any offense. sorry if i offended you. I do like the idea of the multi-tip cutter just trying to weigh the pros and cons of it.

Pergordusmc
Thanks for your comments. I have been in the Manufacturing, Servicing and Sales of Turf and Tree Equipment for over 44 years. I enjoy sharing what I have learned in those years with the board members and always try to stay positive and help were I can. I do get upset and take it personaly when my motives are questioned. So if If it seems like I jumped on you I appologize. Note I did not give my opinion on Green Teeth I did use them for one month before I threw the sytem in the trash can.

Pergordusmc
Thanks for your comments. I have been in the Manufacturing, Servicing and Sales of Turf and Tree Equipment for over 44 years. I enjoy sharing what I have learned in those years with the board members and always try to stay positive and help were I can. I do get upset and take it personaly when my motives are questioned. So if If it seems like I jumped on you I appologize. Note I did not give my opinion on Green Teeth I did use them for one month before I threw the sytem in the trash can.
I hate you "trash canned" the green teeth after one month, I would have been happy to buy them.

Last edited:
That was a long time ago. They are pretty much usless in our rocky soil. Once dull there is no way to grind relief back into the carbide.

That was a long time ago. They are pretty much usless in our rocky soil. Once dull there is no way to grind relief back into the carbide.
Wow, all those conclusions after 1 hour of use. I guess someone that puts 300+ hours a year with greenteeth doesn't know much, so i'll keep my mouth shut. ;) We all have our personal preferences in the tools we use to do a job.

I log about 500 hours a year on my midsize unit, and I used the greenteeth for much more than one hour,actually about 90 days. You obviously don't grind in the rock we do. In clean soil I would have probably been happy with Greenteeth.

Last edited:
I log about 500 hours a year on my midsize unit, and I used the greenteeth for much more than one hour,actually about 90 days. You obviously don't grind in the rock we do. In clean soil I would have probably been happy with Greenteeth.
Another wrong conclusion. Much of my work is in quartz or sandstone rock and i find the greenteeth have been much more durable due to increased carbide surface area. I use about 60 new teeth per year grinding 325 run hours. I can get the dull Teeth re-sharpened @$2.75 per tooth. By the way, running my big diesel 325 hours is producing what a mid-size 25hp. would in 1200 hours. You first stated that you trash canned the greenteeth after one month, now you say it was 90 days?? I don't like how far the greenteeth throw chips but durability,productivity and annual cost of replacement teeth are positives not negatives.IMO

Another wrong conclusion. Much of my work is in quartz or sandstone rock and i find the greenteeth have been much more durable due to increased carbide surface area. I use about 60 new teeth per year grinding 325 run hours. I can get the dull Teeth re-sharpened @$2.75 per tooth. By the way, running my big diesel 325 hours is producing what a mid-size 25hp. would in 1200 hours. You first stated that you trash canned the greenteeth after one month, now you say it was 90 days?? I don't like how far the greenteeth throw chips but durability,productivity and annual cost of replacement teeth are positives not negatives.IMO

I have a set of greenteeth and a set of multi-tips (which I only got this summer). Will let you know in a while how they compare in our area. We have mostly granite in our area. It has had ability to break just about any tooth that I have thrown at it.. but one learns to be somewhat careful.

Enough of this non productive conversation, you continue on cutting your sandstone with your Greenteeth and i will continue to cutt softball size rocks with my MultiTip. By the way I run 2 SC252's one with a 28 HP Diesel and on with a 35 HP Briggs plus a 50 Hp Track Vermeer. I will post no more on this thread.

Back