Sugi Hara Husky bars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Husky359

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi guys in a little shop here in NZ I found a couple of 24 inch Sugi Hara bars, Now they are labeled Homelite bars with XL12 etc on the package so are designed to fit the older old school proper Homelite saws.

They are 3/8 050 which is what my 575XP runs but im not sure if they will fit and I cant find any more info on them, Ive got a uncle with a old homelite that uses a Husky branded oregon bar so who can tell me if the old homlites had the same mount as the large mount Huskys.

Cheers Hayden

Homey S-EZ and 150's used small mount Oregon K095/A095, Windsor CJL which is small mount husky

Scott

Hi guys cheers for your help, I did mention that the bar stated it fitted Homelite XL12 so what mount is the xl12 and is it a large Husky etc as Im sure the bigger homelite bars are the large Husky mount as my uncle has a big old homelite with a Husky branded Oregon bar that fitted straight up.

Thanks.

The common large Homelite bar uses a Oregon D196 mount.

You 575 uses the large Husqvarna Oregon D009 mount.

Both mounts are about the same, the main difference is the Homlite slot is a little bit bigger.

Without looking it up, I want to say that the Husky uses a 9mm slot while the Homelite is 9.5mm

I know that I have a D009 Husky mount on my Super XL925 and it fit perfect after just a couple minutes with a file to open the slot up just a smidge.

Your going the other way so the slot will be a little bigger and you may have to use spacers on it.

Ask your uncle if he had to file his bars out to fit the Homelite.

Hope this helps ya some.

Last edited:
Hi thanks for the reply, I also forgot to add that the bar package had HO/25J 5060FE Homelite 3/8 050" on it, but when searching those codes I cant get any info on the bar etc

The common large Homelite bar uses a Oregon D196 mount.

You 575 uses the large Husqvarna Oregon D009 mount.

Both mounts are about the same, the main difference is the Homlite slot is a little bit bigger.

Without looking it up, I want to say that the Husky uses a 9mm slot while the Homelite is 9.5mm

I know that I have a D009 Husky mount on my Super XL925 and it fit perfect after just a couple minutes with a file to open the slot up just a smidge.

Your going the other way so the slot will be a little bigger and you may have to use spacers on it.

Ask your uncle if he had to file his bars out to fit the Homelite.

Hope this helps ya some.

I've tried using these Homelite Sugi bars on a Husky in the past. It was a sloppy fit. Mark's info above is correct.

Back