Sugihara Bar Where to buy..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had set the Ryobi up with a 16 inch bar, but put the 18 on it for the reach.

I think you were the one who started the whole Ryobi thing on this forum?

I got some Charlton Premium 12" from Baileys when they were less than $10 with chain. Only have about 10 3/8" sticking out past the 'dogs', but if I'm cutting over 10" I should grab a bigger saw. You might have a point on the 'reach', I suppose I could try putting a full comp chain on the factory 18" bar and see if the extra length slows it down any.

I was joking around with Ted.

In the "old days", Sugi made a line of professional grade bars (1976 to around 1989) that were on par with the current Cannon bars in terms of quality. The 42" was the longest available out of that line. I'm pretty sure that's what Ted has.

Oh yea run that combo a lot. Good for steep ground and sweeping those balsa wood stumps lol
I don't know if it sat lost deep in the crummy for a decade or three or was used by good hands but it is straight as an arrow. Not much flex either. Can those funky tips be had still? Not that I have looked..

Oh yea run that combo a lot. Good for steep ground and sweeping those balsa wood stumps lol
I don't know if it sat lost deep in the crummy for a decade or three or was used by good hands but it is straight as an arrow. Not much flex either. Can those funky tips be had still? Not that I have looked..

I have a bunch of NOS ones in .404. There's a 3/8ths one on ebay right now but it's .058" gauge and would have to be ground out to .063".

Sugihara Bar .325

I am still looking. Sent the manufacurer an email, but no reply. HEV is distributor? distributor should have product for sale. HEV does not. Is there a Canada distributor?

HEV told me that I'd have to wait 2 months for a 24" bar for my Dolmar. Maybe that's when they are expecting the next shipment of bars?

I am still looking. Sent the manufacurer an email, but no reply. HEV is distributor? distributor should have product for sale. HEV does not. Is there a Canada distributor?

Have you called them?

They didn't have what I needed listed, but after a call I got what I needed.

I'm also liking Oregon Pro-Lite bars for my smaller saws and am goin with them as needed.

Sugihara Bar .325

Have you called them?

They didn't have what I needed listed, but after a call I got what I needed.

I'm also liking Oregon Pro-Lite bars for my smaller saws and am goin with them as needed.
Hev doesn't stock and does not seem to care. Lotus I called and they do not sell Sugihara
anymore.
I have Pro-Lite. I prefer stiffer bar. Total Superbar is much better, but heavy. I want Sugihara.

Hev doesn't stock and does not seem to care. Lotus I called and they do not sell Sugihara
anymore.
I have Pro-Lite. I prefer stiffer bar. Total Superbar is much better, but heavy. I want Sugihara.

Well, Hev used to stock, guess something has changed?

I sent a message via ebay. I received a phone number and called and talked to a very nice lady who helped me out and I got my bar the other day. I wanted a 20 inch. 50 Guage 3/8 but there were none on ebay. Shipping was 15 bar was 62 I think. Everything worked great.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I bought a 16"/.325 and a 18"/3/8 from Hev a while back with no trouble.

I have heard that it takes a long time for them to get more stock, once sold out...

I bought a 16"/.325 and a 18"/3/8 from Hev a while back with no trouble.

I have heard that it takes a long time for them to get more stock, once sold out...
I think manufacturer takes near 75-90 days to fill order. Most businesses planand order ahead if they want to sell product.
HEV didn't give me a hint they really want to sell .325.

There was another place in Canada that had Sugi bars as I was looking into them awhile back because Hev does not ship to Canada or at least they did not when I wanted some bars. All I could get in a 16" length was in .058 and the place wanted 90.00 a bar and that did not include tax or shipping. I opted not to order any.

HEV no longer stocks any .325 bars and will not carry any in the future. Period. Most people who want these bars are pros and most pros use 3/8. But even their 3/8 selection is pretty thin. I need (want) a 16" .325 Sugi for my 346 and cannot find one anywhere. I know it's dumb to insist on an aftermarket bar for such a small light setup but what the hell, they do look cool. I have an 18" 3/8 Sugihara I would trade for a 16" .325 if anyone is game.

Back