Summer owb temp?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blkcloud

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm using my owb now just to keep my water hot.. it normally runs 168-170.. do I need to drop it down for the summer or keep it there.. I'm only filling about once every 4 days or so..thanks!

This is my first summer with my OWB and i'm just heating my water now. It's set at 160-180 and i get about 4 days as well. Seems that when i cut it any lower it crisotes up bad! You should be fine where its at!

Hi I run mine at 130 to 150 in summer I use some hardwood because the pine will occasionally not catch when my fan kicks in. Four days burn , You got it good. I wouldn't change anything.

I run mine at 155-165 in the summer and only fill up for what will burn in 24 hrs. I got stung a couple years ago with a large load and the wood bridged over and the fire went out. It only takes a couple of minutes to stir the wood at night and to throw a few pieces in. Mine doesn't tend to creosote up too bad this way either.

Well, I’m a little jealous. I’m only getting about 24hrs of burn right now. I’m running at 150. No real creosote problem, but I also have an issue trying to keep pine lit and mix with hard wood as well. I think part of my problem is that the wood I’m burning isn’t completely seasoned yet. I split it into some very small kindling size pieces and have been feeding them in. It’s better, but I’ve only been putting a little bit in at a time. Maybe I'll try raising the temperature a little and loading more wood to see what happens.

Latest posts

Back