sunday drive W/260

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick62

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Today I ran another tank or two thru the new toy.
Obviosly I have some adjusting to do. When warmed up, it likes to die after a cut. Other than that it is working fairly well. I have been running a 3/8 skip on it. Feels more than a little underpowered when in a large cut.

I just did a search on this, and something about the air filter being a restrictive POS?? I didn't like it when I saw it, but that is what it comes with. With the choke built into it? What were they thinking??!!!:dizzy: I bet there is a upgrade or home brew modification in it's future.

-Pat

If it dies at idling when saw is warm then L screw may be set in factory too rich and needs to be lean (turn clockwise) a little. My DBC-4510 factory adjusments where something that. L needed nearly half turn to lean mix to idle properly and H needed to enrich near 1/4 turn to get fourstroking

Pinus is correct.. .

And forget about the airfilter - yes it's an old design, but its been like this for 18 +years on the 026/260, and if you clean it now and then will work just fine. In any case, it has nothing to with idle - restricted airfilters mostly affect the high end.

As for feeling underpowered in a big cut, maybe... It's only a 50cc class saw. Like with any other saw of this size a light touch is required in big wood, and a sharp chain.

I worked on an 026 for a friend a few weeks back and the airfilter/choke struck me as odd when I first saw it also. Seems to work OK though.

The thing I didnt like was the multi function choke/run/stop lever. Felt plasticky and imprecise and allowed me to shut the saw off by accident at allmost any time.

The thing I give it negative points for is the fact that you have to reassemble the damn thing to get a functioning choke while working on it.

Just my .02c

RaisedByWolves said:
The thing I give it negative points for is the fact that you have to reassemble the damn thing to get a functioning choke while working on it.

Just my .02c

That's what you thumb is for - I do it every day with 026's! Just have to remember not to suck it afterwards.:D

Back