Super smoker ???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motoman.5150

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
:bang:I know it is not a chainsaw but all the same except for the bar and chain, I have a stihl ts400 concrete saw with brand new piston and cylinder kit had to change carbs but now it is running great except its smoking like a frieght train do you think the crankcase and muffler could have been flooded out from trying to start it so long with the bad carb ? I can't see any other reason for all this smoking when top end is brand new, I have only had it running for about 10 or 15 minutes but it seems like that would have cleaned it out, any help ????

:bang:I know it is not a chainsaw but all the same except for the bar and chain, I have a stihl ts400 concrete saw with brand new piston and cylinder kit had to change carbs but now it is running great except its smoking like a frieght train do you think the crankcase and muffler could have been flooded out from trying to start it so long with the bad carb ? I can't see any other reason for all this smoking when top end is brand new, I have only had it running for about 10 or 15 minutes but it seems like that would have cleaned it out, any help ????

Rings need to seal, that's my best guess. New P/C's need to be worn in under load with a rich mixture so the rings conform to the cylinder walls. It should be okay as long as you're seeing smoke. Would be more worried if there was no smoke.

Latest posts

Back