Support for our friends in the south

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is footage from yesterday in Alabama.

Insane...

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5ohIVzIZLuQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Amazing video!!!...I've never seen anything quite that video.
The many cars in that parking lot...so close...but none damaged???
Those video shooters must have coconut sized balls...
Just never seen a tornado video sooo up close...in detail...
always heard that just the direct funnel touchdown area affected...
if you're a bit away...just scary...underneath it...maybe dead.

J2F

We didn't have near the damage that others had but we had 4 die from flash flooding, numerous trees down, and were without power for about 18 hours.

Prayers sent for those East of here that went through that horrific tornado.

Well, here's your sign guys. It can only get so deep. I just took these from the front yard a few minutes ago. It was a partially double rainbow at first. You can barely see it in the second pic. I had to run back inside to get a wider angle lens. It didn't last long at all.

img_6846-L.jpg

img_6845_pt-L.jpg

img_6849-L.jpg

img_6850-L.jpg

Great photo work as always...Brad
I never even heard of a double rainbow...
but I just saw one...what can I say...just...WOW!!!

You ought to send those to a national network...
or enter a photo contest with 'em.
Amazing...sun shining below...and above..."detrimental situation".
:cheers:
J2F

Last edited:
I'm commiting the ultimate Sin, I'm Lending out Chainsaws for the Clean up ( Both 55 & 455 Ranchers, I'm cool with it :) ) I'm providing the gas/oil & bar lube & chains. I trust the person (My Boss) will take pretty good care of them..

It wasn't to bad here, but bad enough. A lot of the places to the south of me got tore up pretty bad. There's a few roofless barns in my area, couple trees down,,, nothing like what happened 50 to 75 miles south of me. Seen a huge,and I mean huge, funnel cloud yesterday just before dark. The one and only I've ever seen, but im positive thats what it was. It got pitch black dark, temperature dropped I bet 15 to 20 degrees in a snap of a finger. It got my attention for sure. I watched it from the porch and it went just right around my house and on up the ridge. About 15 minutes later one touched down about 10/12 miles the way the crow flies north of me, Im pretty sure it was probably the same, but who knows. I counted my blessings.

I went to bed last night and herd that they had called for a mass casualty trailer to my father-inlaws area. He got lucky had 5 tornadoes around him, but none hit him thankfully. This for sure was a wide reaching tragic event.

Brad, you do take great pics. It almost looks like you can see the end of the rainbow in the 3rd pic. The 4th pic looks like the rainbow is holding the storm up. You must have a nice camera, pics like that could bring some good money I bet.:msp_thumbsup:

Me and my wife went through 4 hurricanes in 2004 in Florida so my thoughts and prayers from both of us goes out to those that were in harms way and all the folks here that live in that area. A Cat 4 is no fun by all means the aftermath no power a plastic gas can is priceless no generators and 750,000 people need a chainsaw. My hurricane saw helped many elderly folks...thanks 064

a lil bit of flooding down the road from my house but my woman in knoxville had several windows knocked out and truck was tore up from hail

all my friends in bama are ok

292 dead and rising:( This is certainly going to top the outbreak of 1974.

:( I wonder if it had anything to do with people not heeding the warning, or the warning not given out early enough, or something else that is causing this massive death toll.

What I heard today was many of these homes don't have basements. Without basements there is no where to go to take cover. Also they are having problems getting to the injured people because debris is everywhere and roads are not passible.

:( I wonder if it had anything to do with people not heeding the warning, or the warning not given out early enough, or something else that is causing this massive death toll.

I live here in Alabama and I can tell you that the warnings were given very early and often. They were on the radio, TV, everywhere. The major channels (NBC, CBS, etc.) had live weather coverage from 6pm on. Everybody was informed. The problem is, with an F-5 tornado, nowhere is safe. Houses were ripped from their foundations. Unless you had a fallout shelter, you had no chance against this tornado.

Luckily, our neighborhood was not bad. My father-in-law, however, did not fare as well. They are okay, but have extensive damage. Trees are down everywhere and they have no power. The TVA is not expecting to have power on until Monday at the earliest.

Since I just had shoulder surgery, I am no help with the cleanup. I took my generator and some supplies to my father in law. I also donated money to the Red Cross. Aside from prayers, I don't know how else to help.

As we were heading up the interstate this morning, we passed a gigantic National Guard convoy. There were also hundred of electrical company trucks headed in. The outpouring of help is wonderful. Sadly, I heard reports this afternoon that looting has already begun. There is a special place in hell for people that do that.

Latest posts

Back