suspenders...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
suspenders/ we call them bracers but same thing

I use Husqvarna own make, they seem to last longer than Stihl but we are very limited here in the UK, dont have other brands like you guy's.
Buttons are much better but I have used clips and they only came off once, buy that was enough now I stick with buttons. always used to use a belt but now only use that to carry things on and not to keep my pants up.
:clap:

The way I,m built , I can,t keep my pants up with a belt very well ........I have good clipons on my Diamond back USA tool belts ..... . Welcome to the forums Huskyman .!!!! I think the French word for them is gallasuers .... But I could be wrong ..

Thanks Tramp bushler, nice to be on here.

A great site, we are all getting older and need the comfort as well as the practicality eh.
It's a young mans game like any heavy industry, you dont see old guys much over here doing anything with a saw, much is done with machine anyway, nothing on the scale of you guys. I would love to see it all working on a normal day, I know it's edited an awful lot on axmen it has to be, thats how tv works.

Back to my bracers, I had a pair and left in the cupboard for a couple of years, when i got them out the elastic had gone they were useless, even though almost brand new. here they cost around £15 = $24.16 and diesel per uk litre is now $1.93:dizzy: just going crazy. there is an agricultural grade which is less because there is less tax and it's dyed red but not sure how much that is now. the world has gone mad :chainsaw:

Where you been Dude?????

Still hanging in there? No more skinny references, we swear. Good to see you back bud!

Where have I been? Working more and drinking more than I should be. My bad bout the skinnies. I'm glad to see someone see's Im gone. But yes. I am a Prison Blues sponser. Why not? It's from Oregon and I love my state. No matter how many Californian's live here. Long live the Federation!!!! God bless Coors Original. :givebeer: -hick up- :cheers:

Thanks Tramp bushler, nice to be on here.

A great site, we are all getting older and need the comfort as well as the practicality eh.
It's a young mans game like any heavy industry, you dont see old guys much over here doing anything with a saw, much is done with machine anyway, nothing on the scale of you guys. I would love to see it all working on a normal day, I know it's edited an awful lot on axmen it has to be, thats how tv works.

Back to my bracers, I had a pair and left in the cupboard for a couple of years, when i got them out the elastic had gone they were useless, even though almost brand new. here they cost around £15 = $24.16 and diesel per uk litre is now $1.93:dizzy: just going crazy. there is an agricultural grade which is less because there is less tax and it's dyed red but not sure how much that is now. the world has gone mad :chainsaw:

. Lord willing , I,m gonna fall timber professionally until I,m an OLD MAN , At least 72 years old .. That will give me 22 more years of slammin em on the ground ..............I,ll get me some couple young guys to limb and buck for me ..... :clap::clap::greenchainsaw:

. Lord willing , I,m gonna fall timber professionally until I,m an OLD MAN , At least 72 years old .. That will give me 22 more years of slammin em on the ground ..............I,ll get me some couple young guys to limb and buck for me ..... :clap::clap::greenchainsaw:

I knew an old man when I was a kid, that worked with my Dad falling timber in Colorado...he was 76 years old, ran a hopped up 266, and, for his age, he was a hell of a timber faller. He was an old swede, His name was Maynard Johnson, and the coolest thing about him was the chainsaw cut scar across his face...I will never forget that guy, and hope that I can do what he was when I am 76...If I'm still alive that is :)

I was thinking of you slowp. I figured you would key in on that pretty quick like.

I used wrights before, but these seem to be more comfortable, for me anyway. I use Welches for some of the gear on my day job cause spenders there seem to be turned to threads(disposable) in very short order and there not quite as expensive.

Owl

I myself believe in "sissy" pads. It's kept my spenders alive and still going. Also for my rain gear. Duct tape over the whole complete right shoulder and the collar as well. There isn't anything worse than tearing up the gear you buy while packing a saw over the shoulder.

I myself believe in "sissy" pads. It's kept my spenders alive and still going. Also for my rain gear. Duct tape over the whole complete right shoulder and the collar as well. There isn't anything worse than tearing up the gear you buy while packing a saw over the shoulder.

For my rain gear I like to take some freesole and glue a patch made from an inner tube to the shoulder of my rain gear, and for my packsack I always duct tape the heck out of the right strap. Here is a pic of one of my coats with a rubber patch on it:

scan0004-2.jpg

This is a better pic with a different coat:

fallingwithcody27.jpg

I learned this from a guy I worked with in Alaska, after I got tired of cutting up all my expensive rain gear.

Oh I fully agree. Rain gear isn't cheap anymore. I can't afford to replace a rain jacket every 3 to 4 months. Gorilla tape works really well for me. It's cheap and will stick to damn near anything. If I can get a snap of my jacket tomorrow. I will do it. For my backpack? I use my old Alice pack from the Marine Corps. I have plenty of right side shoulder straps. Not too worried about that just yet. :cheers:

Where have I been? Working more and drinking more than I should be. My bad bout the skinnies. I'm glad to see someone see's Im gone. But yes. I am a Prison Blues sponser. Why not? It's from Oregon and I love my state. No matter how many Californian's live here. Long live the Federation!!!! God bless Coors Original. :givebeer: -hick up- :cheers:

What?! What happened to Hamm's?

I moved into a house with 3 women that refuse to drink Hamms. Coors Original or Coors Light. So I have to keep the whole damn house happy. Plus thats what I was drinkin' that night. Whole 12 pack in under a half hour. The bestfriend ran over my dog on accident. 240$ bill that I can't pay until the first. Oh the joys of life right? :givebeer:

have you scored yet?
Yes. With the middle one. Youngest gal here is 21 and knocked up. Not mine. Middle is 23, my bestfriend. She ain't talking to me right now. Instead of consulting her over her running my dog over. I killed a 12 pack of Coors Original in under 30 minutes and passed out infront of the wood stove. Sh!t happens. The oldest is 46. There ain't no way in hell I'm sleeping with a badger either. Woof.....

Those south-county women like tall, skinny firefighter types. :)
Some of them do, yes. Just depends on if their the size of a buffalo or a staving dog.

Latest posts

Back