clogger zero wrap chaps ???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffB1961

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
do clogger zero wrap chaps offer the same protection level as labonville extreme or husqvarna technical ? should i consider something else ? what are y'alls thought on these 3 sets of chaps ? i'll only be getting wood to feed our boiler at home but i'm new to chainsaws and don't like bleeding .
thanks , Jeff

do clogger zero wrap chaps offer the same protection level as labonville extreme or husqvarna technical ? should i consider something else ? what are y'alls thought on these 3 sets of chaps ? i'll only be getting wood to feed our boiler at home but i'm new to chainsaws and don't like bleeding .
thanks , Jeff
I have husqvarna orange tech. I really like the pocket for wedge since I am not wearing wedge pouch. Wrap chaps get super hot in the summer. Don’t depend on any safety equipment more than taking your time, and being careful. I got a helmet with mesh screen and muffs attached, if it’s windy like here in Iowa you get too much in your eyes even with glasses, so safety glasses that nearly seal are vital. Having grit ground out of your eye ball is not fun. Not recommending amazon, but after buying many pairs of safety glasses (carpenter and painter) https://a.co/d/j5xvtNg this is my fav. It does much better than the previous model in case you look on eBay.
As many would say, don’t cut when your tired, hungry, in a hurry, and the just one more cut when it’s getting dark, or time for lunch or past time for water can get you. I have told my boys many times, if it feels weird it is weird. Basically just to remember that that one cut where you are in an akward position, or doing something sketchy that you know better than to do, listen to that still small voice!!!
Have a regular habit of wearing ppe, even if it’s having to get the earplugs for just one cut. It’s more for habits than anything.

I could say a lot more and others will. It’s a journey. I would recommend on you tube…. Tim Ard he also has Forestapps.com I have probably watched him less than others, but he has more to teach than most on YouTube. He doesn’t have a great following because he isn’t trying to get sponsors and do all this crazy stuff to build his channel.

I would load up on his videos, and pray every single time before you start working.

It’s a journey.

Gabriel

thanks folks . i wear prescription glasses and the oregon helmet/shield/muffs will be ordered for face and head ppe .

this thread here by Philbert is what got me interested in the clogger zero wraps .
https://www.arboristsite.com/threads/clogger-chainsaw-chaps-evaluation.341572/

the comments about them being cooler and lighter and softer but still having great protection got my attention .
they cost a bit more but comfort is important to me ... i've read soooo many comments about folks having chaps for their chainsaws but not wearing them because they're hot or cumbersome .

i appreciate the tips and will look up Tim Ard on YT .

thanks folks . i wear prescription glasses and the oregon helmet/shield/muffs will be ordered for face and head ppe .

this thread here by Philbert is what got me interested in the clogger zero wraps .
https://www.arboristsite.com/threads/clogger-chainsaw-chaps-evaluation.341572/

the comments about them being cooler and lighter and softer but still having great protection got my attention .
they cost a bit more but comfort is important to me ... i've read soooo many comments about folks having chaps for their chainsaws but not wearing them because they're hot or cumbersome .

i appreciate the tips and will look up Tim Ard on YT .
Wow, I assumed all chaps would have been roughly the same. After cutting in very hot conditions last summer, I would definitely encourage you to get something cooler than the Husqvarna technical chaps! Thank you for sending me to that thread! Maybe someday I can upgrade!

I have the Oregon helmet and visor, it definitely helps to always have hearing protection. Sometimes the visor is frustrating, but can also protect your face from chips being hurled at your face in certain situations cutting.

Thanks again for teaching me something about chaps!

Get pants, I prefer the clogger defender pants I have over the husqy tech chaps, but the chaps are handy when I'm not cutting all day/not long periods.
So the pants would not be as hot and more comfortable in summer if you have a planned day of cutting? Vs wearing chaps all day? That is what I think your saying.

So the pants would not be as hot and more comfortable in summer if you have a planned day of cutting? Vs wearing chaps all day? That is what I think your saying.
Yes exactly that. I prefer them, over the chaps, but don't wear them all day for a hour of cutting at dad's/ a friend's place. No back pockets on the first series of defender pants.

Back