Suspension trauma

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shespen

Shespen

ArboristSite Member
Good article Tom! Food for thought. This would be a good one to be published in Arbor-age or Arborist News instead of their usual stories of how a moron hurts himself.

I don't really see how it would change arial rescue practices much other than to emphisize that time is of the escence.What do you suggest?

Steve

Treeman14

Treeman14

Addicted to ArboristSite
How about including a neck brace in the aerial rescue kit. Its lightweight and easy to bring aloft during a rescue. This would prevent the hyperextension problems and might lessen whiplash type injuries during a rough descent.

John Paul Sanborn

John Paul Sanborn

Above average climber
I remember a guy posting a few years ago that he keeps a feminine pad and ace bandage for compression bandage.. Reasonint hat they are cheap, designed to absorb blood and individualy wraped.

I like the neck brace. The stories I hear of injury (and death) durring training I have come to agree with the camp that is promoting the practice of stabilization vise sppediy descent.